Chapter Thirty Six

09/04/2017

You know the feeling where you can sense that it's morning, and you should get up, but you're so comfortable you don't even want to open your eyes?

The feeling of your head against the soft cushion of your pillow. The feeling of the warm blankets protecting you from the chilly morning air. The feeling of having someone's arm wrapped securely around your waist, making you feel safe and content.

But then you make the mistake of opening your eyes.

And then you know you won't be able to go back to sleep.

When Kristin opened her eyes, the first thing she saw was a muscular arm wrapped around her waist, pulling her into the chest of someone she really didn't want to guess who.

She felt the closeness of Ryder behind her, she could feel her pressed against him.

The warmth radiating off his body admittedly felt nice, and his arm around her waist--

No no no no no no no.

This wasn't supposed to happen, what had made this happen?

She had never planned on falling back asleep last night.

The worst part, she was only wearing his tshirt from yesterday.

Sure, it was long enough to reach mid thigh. The only problem was that she was sleeping in the same bed as Ryder. With his shirt on. With his arm around her.

It was too much for her to handle.

Squeezing her eyes shut, she grabbed Ryder's arm and tried lifting it off of her.

Tried.

His arm was really heavy.

Deciding to try to roll out of his hold instead, Kristin slowly scooted away from him.

She was almost out of his hold when he reached out and pulled her back to him, losing all of her progress.

"Ryder!" she whined, trying to squirm out of his hold.

Why was she enjoying this so much? She really needed to get some space.

She felt his breath fan across the back of her neck as he chuckled.

"You know you like it," he said, his voice still full of sleep.

"Let me go," she said grabbing his arm and trying to pull it off of her again.

He slowly let go of her and she moved to the other side out of his reach.

She watched the muscles in his arms and shoulders flex as he stretched them over his head.

"Why are you not wearing a shirt?" she scowled at him.

He gave her a weird look, "Am I not allowed to sleep without a shirt?"

She tried to ignore his husky voice and scoffed at him.

"I do like your shirt though," he smirked, his eyes trailing down to her exposed legs.