Fans Revolt

"I don't think he likes us very much," Janice mumbled.

I shook my head, "Come off it, Jan, if he didn't like us, he wouldn't hire us."

"He's just a bit of a prude, is all," Molly commented.

Janice didn't reply. She was letting the fact that our boss denied our request for a pay raise get to her. She took it personally rather than seeing the whole picture. Really, the reason he wouldn't do it is that he didn't think we would stay very long. Whether he fires us or we quit, he was sure we would be gone in a month or two. That, in addition to not wanting to pay us more because we were women, was enough to make him turn his nose up at us.

Janice was upset, but I was pissed off. This was just another reason for us to keep going. He was just another swine we had to fight in our revolution. He wasn't the first, nor the last, to add fuel to our fire. It was people like him, those who thought less of us because of who we are, that gave us all the ammunition we needed to fight this war. 

"Say, aren't the lads playing a show tonight?" Molly asked.

I nodded, "At The Cavern, of course."

"Why don't we go see them?" Molly suggested, "It's not like we have anything better to do."

She was right. We didn't have a show that night. Either we went to watch the lads or we went home. None of us wanted to go home and be bored. Even if I had seen the show a thousand times, even participated in some, it would still be entertaining.

"I haven't seen Ringo play in an actual show with them yet," I said, "Let's do it, they go on in about an hour or so."

Janice knitted her eyebrows, "It's always so crowded there, what if we can't get in?"

"Oh, we'll get in, don't worry your pretty little head about that."

Janice blushed slightly when I called her pretty. One of the first things I learned about Janice Hallieford was how easily it was to get her to blush. I often used that to my advantage, teasing her to the point where she was as red as a cherry. 

"Amelia has a few strings she can pull," Molly commented.

I nodded. The Cavern was always full at every single Beatles show. You had to know someone to get in at last minute, and, as it happens, I'm quite close with the club owner as well as the band.

The three of us made it to The Cavern Club to see a long line of eager fans. Each was waiting to see their favorite hometown band. For the first time, I actually saw a few signs. Some even wore homemade Beatles shirts. 

After what happened last time, I decided to lead Molly and Janice around the back. I did not want all three of us to be hounded by fans just like I was. I had no idea how the lads did it. Any day, they could be trampled by fans, but they kept on. 

We went in through the back entrance after the bartender let us in. I pretended to tip my nonexistent hat, to which he laughed. He and I had known each other for quite a few years and were on pretty good terms.

"We can get a good seat at the bar," I said, "You two grab a seat, I'm going to wish the lads luck."

Molly and Janice nodded. They went to the bar while I turned to go to the stage. At the time, only George and Ringo were present. When George saw me, he smiled, "I didn't expect to see you here."

"We didn't have anything better to do," I pushed myself to sit on the edge of the stage, "Thought we'd come hear your rubbish."

George laughed, "Remember, you used to be a part of this rubbish."