ShraMan OS: My Best friend

This is Shravan Malhotra discovering his feelings for Suman Tiwari from episode 4 to episode 72.

When I first land in India and stand in front of Malhotra Mansion. I promise myself one thing. I will not let her break me like she had done it so subtlety in the past. I won't ever utter her name from my own mouth. I won't ever face her. I have come as a visitor and will go back as one.

I have spent ten long years of my life, trying to mend my broken heart. Ten years of playing hide and seek with my demons, ten years of running away like a thief. Today, I have come back. And it's not to stumble back into the grave of treachery and humiliation I had buried myself in the first place.

"Mujhe koi Sumo yaad nahi hai." Her name, the name I have given her leaves a bitter, metallic taste in my mouth. The words roll off my tongue with such ease and facility that for a moment I am taken aback by my duelling emotions. It is a moment so liberating for me. To deny her existence like she had denied mine. The hurt that was now a part of me lessens and it's almost pleasant.

That night, my fingers wander on her profile picture because even though it felt good to return the favour I can't ignore the pang of hurt that hits me as I remember her retreating figure once again walking away from me.

I stand in front of the house where my love blossomed before fading to an ultimate death. My treacherous heart comes alive as soon as our eyes meet. I have seen her pictures a thousand times, but it's something else to see her standing in front of me. Her eyes grow wide with surprise and she holds back a gasp and I wonder if it's because of my height or because she never wished to see me at her doorstep.

A smile erupts on my face when I see the Rubik cube at the corner of the table. It feels oddly familiar in my hands, it's like holding tight onto the remnants of my childhood, aware that they could slip away as easily as seeds of sand.

"Itni bhi baari baat nahi thi." Her words pierce through me. She talks about the past like it's nothing and I so deeply regret to even contemplate the saying: time changes everyone. Suman Tiwari will never change. She is the rock which goes through the seasons, through the years without getting as much as a scratch on its surface. She is the same self-obsessed, manipulative and selfish girl I have grown up with.

My legs feel anchored to the floor as the memory of betrayal seeps through me. I have decided to show her how capable this bakhoda really is. This is my farewell gift to her and I will make sure that she remembers it for the rest of her life.

She walks into the party, there is an aura around her that does not permit me to take my eyes away from her. I can't get over how beautiful she looks wearing that gown. There is something about the colour blue against her smooth skin. It complements her like no other and my fingers itch to trail down her bare arms. Her hair looks like tentacles of silk and my fingers want to brush her fringes against her forehead.

Her eyes lit up beautifully as I come into her sight of light and for a moment, only for a moment as I twirl her around and hold her in my arms as if she was made of glass, I allow myself to bask into the proximity of the woman whose heart I am going to rip.

If her words haven't consumed me by now, the way she is looking through me - eyes shining with hope and happiness sets me off.

When I feel the back of her body against the front of mine, I nearly die. And as she slides down my body, enclosed within the safe abode of my arms, I send a quick prayer to God, hoping that she wouldn't feel my heart hammering away against her back.

It procures me a malicious pleasure to see the mighty and untouchable Suman Tiwari gazing down at the floor in shame. For once, I am the master of my own actions. My words grow viscous and I can see hope diminishing in her eyes and burn to ashes as she stares at me, disbelief marring her face. I claim disdain and indifference towards her but it takes a lone tear to trickle from her beautiful face down to hit the floor and the devious smirk that tugged had the corners of my lips flattens in a straight line.