Sumo Drabble: Burden

Burden. She's like a bird, bound by her own strings, jailed into the scheme of things.

She looks through the window, birds are flying high in the sky, covering new horizons.

She sits there, day and night, looking through the window and like the birds, time flies.

She sees them doting the sky, their existence becoming a mere dot before diving into oblivion.

From this very window, she sees those birds growing, falling, flying then leaving the family cocoon to never come back, without a glance behind them, without an ounce of nostalgia.

Just the desire of liberty. But she neither envies them nor their liberty.Staying in this cage made of her a daydreamer.

But come to meet her, sometimes in the night, you will see something else, another facade of her. She's drowning like a fish in her ocean of sadness.

There is a weight on her tender shoulders which keeps increasing a little more, day by day.

She's perharps smiling right now but inside you don't know, she's so afraid of crumbling down under this weight.

She's like a soldier fighting against her own blaze of emotions, taking form of a storm, she believes that behind this storm, there is another her, the better version.

She keeps the hope, one day, they will meet and patch up after winnig against the storm.

Even in the darkness of her refuge, She can see the sun arising, which gives her a glint of hope.

Hope to stand up against her fears. She doesn't want to feel like a vulnerable one. She doesn't want this fear to tower her, like a growing shadow, which will consume her, taking it's own sweet time torturing her.

She's not afraid of that dark shade of black, not even of the wind which blows sending some threat to her, not even of the grumbling of the blueish sky.

She's afraid of herself. She's afraid to become a living corpse, a cold hearted person. She's afraid of this facade of her, which comes to meet her at night.

She's afraid of drowning herself in an ocean of pain and loneliness. It draws her towards such an abyss of darkness, where she is the sole reason behind her doomsday.

It's like running towards her, engulfing her and there she goes far away, far far away from who she really is.

She's more burdened than yesterday, less than tomorrow. Pain is laughing at her, like an enemy, relieved to see her dying, but she had promised herself that she will win against it.

She will fall because of the weight of this burden, but look at her, she'll win this war even at her knees, not because you let her. Because she's not one of those who gives up and this is her struggle, her battle against the coward one. She'll win this by any means.