Chapter 6: Mall and Meetings

Hey sorry it's been so long! I want to thank my new followers and everyone who voted/added this story to their favourites! Sorry also about any grammer/spelling mistakes.

Chapter 6: Mall and Meetings

Skylar sighed as she looked around her. She was wandering around the mall, alone. Kelsey had to babysit and Sky hadn't wanted to stay in the house all night. She shook her head no as she passed a vendor stand. Friday night, and the mall was nearly empty.

Tomorrow was the day she would meet with her mother. Skylar had to refrain from jumping at the thought. She hadn't told a soul besides Kenneth and Kelsey, because her father would forbid her from going if he found out. Skylar scowled at the thought of him.
Checking her watch, Skylar sighed. She had only been walking around for an hour and had already gotten everything she needed to. She glanced into the stores, praying for something to pop into her mind when she felt the small slam against her legs. She paused and saw the familiar book bag in her hands.

She had bought 'Murder on the Orient Express' by Agatha Christie for an upcoming English project, but it wouldn't hurt to start reading it now, would it? Smiling Sky changed directions and headed towards the cafeteria. She stopped to buy a drink then sat down in the stands. Placing her bags on the table she pulled out her book and opened it, flipping to the first page. As soon as she read the first page a voice interrupted her.

"Agatha Christie huh?" Skylar looked to her right to see a young girl, no more than ten, gazing at the book in her hands.

"Pardon?" The girl shrugged.

"I can tell you how it ends if you want." Skylars eyes widened slightly.

"Uh, no thanks. I think I'll just read it...on my own." The girl nodded in understanding. Skylar suddenly felt very uncomfortable. The girl was staring at her, her eyebrows crinkled.

"Do I know you?" Skylar suddenly asked. The girl looked startled for a moment. She shook her head.

"No, but I believe I know you." Skylar frowned.

"How?" The girl opened her mouth to speak before a voice, a very familiar voice, spoke first.

"Lily!" Skylar turned around to see none other than Kenneth James. Two bags in his hands and tray of food being held up. Skylar's frown deepened.

"Kenneth?" Kenneth paused in his walking and looked at his friend.

"Skylar? What are you doing here?" The teenage girl held up her book.

"Shopping. You?" She questioned, glancing at the Justice bag in his hand. He seemed to realize that and coughed quickly, drawing Skylar's attention away from the bags.

"Shopping with my sister." He explained, now gesturing to the girl behind Skylar. Skylar turned back to the girl who interrupted her reading.

"You're his sister?" The girl nodded. She held out her hand.

"Lily James, nice to meet you Skylar Rivers." Skylar raised her brow.

"You know my full name?" Lily shrugged.

"Sure, Kenneth mentions you all-" A tray slammed down next to Lily, spilling a few fries.

"Hah! Lily, why don't you eat while I talk to Skylar." Lily frowned.

"No way! I wanna talk to your girl-"

"Eat." Kenneth growled out. Lily rolled her eyes and turned to her food. Skylar sat there watching, a small blush graced her cheeks.

"Common." Skylar stood up and followed Kenneth. He led her into a line at Dairy Queen.

"Sorry about Lily, she didn't bother you did she?" Skylar smiled and shook her head.