Chapter 4: Rival Lovers

Sorry if there’s a lot of mistakes! Bear with me, I’m not so good at grammar, and my editor isn’t around!! Sorry for the long long wait!!

Chapter 4: Rival Lovers

Skylar walked down the hall towards her science class. For some strange reason she had a smile on her face-maybe it was because she had this class with Kenneth. Their friendship was really starting to develop in some weird way. Who would have thought that her, and Kenneth would become friends. Skylar looked over to Kelsey when she heard her names called.

“Ya Kels?” She asked. Her best friend laughed.

“I’ll see you in Math! Have a good class! With Kenneth!” Kelsey teased before walking away. Skylar huffed.

“Stupid matchmaking best-Oh Sorry!” She apologized after she bumped into someone. It was a guy. He had dark brown hair, and was well built. In some way he reminded her of Kenneth, but he also looked familiar in a different way.

“It’s okay!” He replied kindly. Then gave her an odd look.  She stared back at him. He finally grinned.

“Skylar Rivers?” He asked smiling. Skylar frowned; she had no idea who this guy was. And as far as she was concerned she wasn’t all that popular in school. He laughed and nodded.

“Ya you don’t recognize me. I’m Xavier Jones-we went to the same school for four years?” Skylar thought for a minute. Then she lit up.

Back when she was still living in her old town Xavier was her best friend; they were in grade 3,4,5, and 6 together. He was there for her when her mom left; he was also the only other person who knew about her hair colour change-other than Kelsey and her father. She didn’t see or hear from him after they moved.

“OMGOSH!” She pulled him in for a hug, laughing as she did so. He was chuckling also.

“So you remember me?” She smiled nodding!

“I never forgot you! You’ve just changed so much! When did you transfer? You’re actually taller than me!!” She exclaimed looking him over.

“Ya, my family moved here a couple weeks ago. I was just getting settled in. I grew a lot.” Skylar smiled. Then she paused.

“What classes do you have?” Xavier pulled a piece of paper out of his bag.

“Uh, Math, Gym, English, Lunch, then Greek Mythology. What classes do you-“ Skylar grinned and hugged him again.

“You have two classes with me! English and Greek Myths! My friend Kelsey is in English and my semi-friend is in Greek! This is goanna be awesome!” Xavier smiled.

“What class do you have now?” Skylar stood next to him as they started down the hall.

“Science with my semi-friend. Then math.” Xavier smiled.

“I’ll walk you to class. By the way who’s your semi-friend?” Skylar laughed.

“It’s a long story-I’ll tell it to you later, but right now we have a lot of catching up to do in,” she checked her phone “ten minutes.”

With that they walked down the hall laughing and talking. What Skylar didn’t know was that her life was about to change even more than she could have imagined, and it all involved the old boy in her life, and the new one.

****

Kenneth sat in class early again. It was strange he had been coming to class early for about a week now. He figured it was because he would be able to spend more time with Skylar, but he would never admit that allowed.