Chapter Thirteen

Fayne awoke, startled and scared. A drop of water fell from the ceiling and splashed on his snout, he looked up to see a grey stone ceiling above him, the same walls enclosed him. Fear crept into his heart as metal bars trapped him within the room, through the bars he could see Voltier struggling in a cell across the hall. He was struggling against a metal collar that sat across his neck, Fayne looked down to see that he too was wearing one. Without thinking, Fayne began to claw and scratch at the metal object that dug deep into his fur and skin. A howling sound came from across the hall but Fayne was told busy struggling against the collar to care, suddenly his body was engulfed in Lightning, he screamed in pain and collapsed, smoke rising from his fur. Footsteps came from outside his cell, he looked up to see Sirius walking towards him with a strange creature in tow.

Fayne was more concerned about the mysterious creature than whatever Sirius had to say, it was bleach white colour with blue rings and dots on its ears, with a blue circle pattern on its shoulders. But what freaked Fayne out the most was the creature's face, it was a rounded black screen with a blue circle of pixels in its centre, neon blue lights shone into the circle from where it's fur met it's face.

“I see you’re admiring Glitch,” Sirius stated, “he is my latest acquisition, comes with some very unique Powers. Isn't that right, Glitch?”

“Muwhwhahaha,” Glitch laughed maniacally.

“He has had a rough life, and now he is mine. And so are you little hell hound,” Sirius said as he stepped closer.

“Why do you want me so much Sirius?” Fayne asked.

“Because... with your Powers I can become immortal. Everything dies, young Fayne, but your Powers can grant me the ability to live forever.”

“I will never help you and your crazy schemes, and there's nothing you can do to make me,” Fayne protested.

“Well with that collar around your neck, and you being stuck in that cell, there isn't much you can do anyway. So why not just give up?”

“What's Glitch doing?” Fayne asked as he saw the creatures screen face begin to recite code.

“He is currently hacking into a nearby city’s defence grid, and from there he will cut the power, and eventually we will go and kill everyone inside it's walls, so why don't you start to cooperate and I'll tell Glitch to stop.”

Fayne felt helpless, there was nothing he could possibly do to escape. So he accepted defeat.

“Fine then, take me, but Ash and Tsubaki will come and free all of us!” Fayne yelled as his cell opened and guards entered.

The guards, one a wolf, the other a fox, dragged him out of the cell. They walked him past several other cells filled with Elementals from their base, and some from other bases, all of which were wearing the metal collars that seemed to dampen their powers. Fayne was brought to a room with a large blank screen covering the wall, consoles sat underneath it.

Glitch walked past Fayne, his body flickering in and out of existence every so often. He made his way over to the consoles, a wire shot out of his left leg and plugged it into the console. An image flickered onto the screen, one of the nearby city Glitch was hacking, the lights were flashing red and everyone was running around screaming.

“You said you wouldn't harm them,” Fayne said disgusted.

“Yeah but I lied, Nox, Shade, and Elynxis are there right now, killing every human and capturing every Elemental. And you get a front row seat to it all Fayne,” Sirius stated.

“No.”

***

As Tamaki led everyone through the large open square, they all received looks from the humans who were bustling about, not looks of hate or disgust, but looks of curiosity and intrigue. They passed a small fountain where human cubs were running around playfully, they spotted Tamaki and Kouki and instantly ran up to them. It shocked Ash to see the humans so accommodating towards the Elementals.