eleven

* * *

WHAT MALEA AND HOLLAND EXPECTED TO DO ON A FRIDAY NIGHT, was to be making homemade pizzas and having another marathon of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. All would happen after Holland had picked Lea up from her netball training. Or in this case, her netball game.

What they hadn't expected, was to see a that all of the lights in their apartment were shut closed, as dim light shone softly around the glow. As the two teenagers delved deeper into the place of accommodation, they had seen that their rooms, as well as the whole condo, was tidied to the max. Which was the complete opposite as what it was left at before—a right big mess.

"Surprised?" A voice came out from nowhere, one that Lea and Holland recognised. They directed their heads to where the noise source was, and was exactly what the vice had suggested. Surprised.

"Dad, what the hell!" Holland shot out. She briskly walked towards Tony, wrapping her arms around her father's waist.

     Tony chuckled. "Nice to see you too."

     "What are you doing here?" Malea asked, after hugging Tony herself.

     "What, do I need a reason to see my two daughters?"

     That made Lea smile. The world daughter. Because she really felt so warmed, the fact that Tony considered her one of his own, rather than a 'mutant he just so happened to adopt'.

     "I see you did some cleaning, then?" Holland asked as her hands motioned around the room.

     Tony nodded. "The place was worse than the Compound, no offence, so I decided to brush it up." He clapped his hands together. "What exactly do you guys do then, on a Friday night?"

     Holland and Malea shared a look. "Are you up for making pizzas?" Holland asked, a grin spreading over her face slightly, while Malea had a ball of ready-made pizza dough being thrown between her hands.

     Tony's face cringed up slightly at first, but then it spread into a smile—an indication that he would like to do said task.

*                    *                    *

ABOUT AN HOUR AND A HALF LATER, the pizzas had been prepared, cooked, and the three were now on the couch, face feasted into the pizza, while in the middle of watching The Curse of the Black Pearl.

     Tony was the first one to break up the silence of the three, arching his back into a straight posture. "So, I was wondering if I could ask you guys a favour?"

     Malea rolled her eyes. "That was the real reason you came here, wasn't it?"

"I guess you could say that, yeah. But I also missed you guys." Tony replied.

"Go, on—what were you gonna ask us?" Holland asked, adjusting her seating position

"I assume you guys have been keeping up with the news, right?" Tony asked, to which Lea and Holland nodded. "Well, as you guys can probably see, things haven't been going in a good direction, in regards to Steve, or Barnes for that matter."

     "And what exactly has that got to do with us?" Malea asked curiously.

     "I guess you could say we're a bit outnumbered in this whole thing. We think that matters will have to be controlled more violently, and I need your help with a new recruit." Tony explained, frowning slightly.