CH 18: Our First Date

PHANA'S POV

"W-What?" I'm staring at Yo with wide eyes and my mouth slightly open. I don't know what to say.

"I said you smell yummy, P'Pha. Your scent is definitely different from last year. I don't know... hhmm... it's stronger or something, but it's different." He gives me a smile and releases our hug to puts his shoes on.

Is it the mating bond? It has to be, right? Why else would I smell different to him, but he's still four months away from his birthday, so I guess it's not irresistible for him yet. A smile makes its way to my face, I think I'm ok with yummy for now.

"I'm ready, P'Pha."

Turning, I open the door and exit, then wait while Yo locks up, before we head down the hall. As we're reaching the stairs, I feel Yo's small hand slip into mine. Glancing over at him, I see he's looking down, but his cheeks and ears are blushed a pretty pink.

"Is that ok, P'Pha. I know we're not kids anymore but..." He asks me shyly.

Lifting his chin so he'll look at me, I give him a smile, "Yes, N'Yo it's good."

--------------------

On our way to the restaurant Yo is looking at and touching everything in my Audi. "You really are a science student. I don't know if you're being observant or you're being nosy."

Yo just laughs.

---------------------

Dinner was good. Ming really was helpful, and sushi was definitely the right choice.

We talked nonstop, filling each other in on what we'd missed out on over the last year or so in each other's lives. Yo wanted to hear details about everything I did, and I couldn't help but to bask in his attention.

After dinner, we picked up a movie and decided to head back to Yo's room to watch it. I didn't want to risk losing track of time and missing his curfew. Yo texted Ming when we were on our way back and asked if he wanted to watch the movie with us. Thankfully Ming declined.

Yo popped a bag of popcorn, while I set up the movie. He was already seated on the couch when I sat down a little away from him a minute or two later. He simply looked at me and moved closer, so he could snuggle into my side and lay his head on my shoulder.

To save my life, I couldn't tell you what the movie was about. Why? Because, I spent an hour and a half trapped between heaven and hell. Depending on how you looked at it.

Yo ended up falling asleep half way through the movie, so I moved him from my shoulder to lay his head in my lap. His scent was so thick it was choking me and my eyes wouldn't move away from him. I ran my fingers through his soft hair and traced his eyebrows. He mumbled my name in his sleep and a happy smile crossed my face. Was he dreaming of me, I wondered?

My text notification dinged, and I checked my phone. It was Ming.

Ming: do you plan to stay the night?

Pha: can I?

Ming: as long as you have no plans beyond sleeping

Pha: yes, I understand boss. sleeping only.

Ming: g'night. c u tomorrow

Pha: g'night and thx

Gently, I tried to shift Yo from the couch to the bed, but he woke up anyway. His eyes drifted open and landed on me, as a happy smile crossed his lips.

"Shorty, since you're awake go ahead and get changed for bed, ok?"

"Yes, P'Pha." He mumbles before heading to the bathroom to change clothes and brush his teeth. I've stayed the night over at his pack house several times, but it's different tonight. Tonight, I'll be sleeping with my mate for the first time. When he comes out of the bathroom, the air rushes out of my lungs and I start to feel overheated. He looks really good in a t-shirt and boxers.

We're just staring at each other when he quietly whispers, "P'Pha, will you stay with me?"

"If you want me too, then yes." I have no intention of leaving, but he doesn't need to know that.

Giving me a soft smile, he mentions, "There's an unopened toothbrush under the sink," then he climbs into bed.

Quickly brushing my teeth, I then get undressed to my boxers. I walk back into the room and can hear Yo's soft, steady breathing coming from the bed. I check the door locks, cut the lights off, and climb into bed beside him. Then move as close to him as I dare and lay on my back staring at the ceiling.

This is a bad idea because I don't think I'll get any sleep and I have an early class in the morning. But being exhausted tomorrow will be a small price to pay to get the chance to sleep next to him tonight.

He shifts in his sleep and rolls over to face me. Then he gives a quick shiver from the coolness of the aircon and shifts closer to my body heat, completely snuggling up on me. My arm can't help but to snake around him and pull him close.

His head is pressed into the crook of my neck and I can feel each breath he takes brush teasingly across my skin. He has one of his arms thrown across my chest and one of his legs flung across mine too. He finally settles and lets out a sigh of contentment. Warm and comfortable now, he drifts into a deeper sleep.

On the other hand, I'm now gritting my teeth as I concentrate on laying still. But I can feel Pha junior hardening in interest since my mate is pressed so snuggly against me.

Lying there I chant, 'go to sleep! go to sleep!' in my head for quite some time before I finally drift off.

09.20.2017 

Edited:  02.18.2018   10:06 am  US CST