Chapter 3

Emily POV

As soon the war starts, my friends are scared to death and duck for cover.

I feel hot tears roll down my eyes.

This isn't what it feels like:

The desks shake, the projectors that the teachers use crash to the ground, everybody screams and I feel sick.

Soon the bombing starts and I black out.

Dream

I wonder what is happening, is everyone ok, how are my friends, is everyone in school ok, and when will this stop?

I see myself.

I am dressed in a black suit with high boots, a bitch black crossbow with real metal arrows , I am wearing a Commander badge and my hair is very short.

I wonder how someone at my age, could become a Commander and I myself don't realize that I am covered in sweat dripping all over my body.

I am greeted by a woman who is around the age of 34.

Her hair is pitch black, she has scars, burns and gashes all over her body.

She walks over to me and hands me a pin in the shape of a mockingbird.

A mockingbird, is the symbol of home, the symbol of hope and a reason to live.

She hands me the pin and says nothing and walks away.

So I say nothing and stare in awe at the gift she has given me.

The pin is gold, small and fits in my hand.

I wondered to this day why, I received this mysterious gift from a stranger.

And then I wake back up.