Chapter 13

Emily POV

One week after Zoey's death, the last remaining Squad members are called to a meeting with the person who started it all and his name was River Snow. 

River had blonde hair, red eyes and was wearing tuxedo with a white rose. His rose was vivid and his look was sinister. I knew sooner or later that I'm going to have to kill him or me he may try to kill everyone that I know and love. Behind River there was a middle aged guy with brown hair and had green eyes. The man looked to be River's brother. He kept on looking at me during the whole meeting and was thirsty for my blood.

So River looked at us all and said:" This is the time, you savaged beasts."

" I'm holding this meeting to discuss that tonight, these are the last hours of the United States and I'm calling this new nation called Panem,'' he said.

" Panem"? Tobias asked.

"What kind of place is that?" Gregory said.

" It is going to be a country where you can live in peace and not going to have to worry about hunger and starvation."

"Yeah right", Tobias said. 

And who is going to be the president, it better not be you, and because that role won't even fight you, " Tobias said out loud. 

I had never seen Tobias that mean before and he was protecting me by risking his life for me during the war.

"Its not going to be me, but my youngest brother Cornelius."

Cornelius came towards me and handed me a signed contract which read:

This is no longer the United States, but now Panem!

There will be the Hunger Games every summer and there is nothing you can do about it!

I didn't believe that this was actually happening and so after the meeting crash down on the floor and tears go from my eyes. Then Tobias comes and tells me that everything that will be alright, that he will never let go of me and he loves me.

Two days later

Everything seems so different because my family and I move into a big house in our new home of District 12. I heard that Tobias will be living a couple of doors down and that Gregory is now living as a fisherman in District 4. We talk and a couple of hours later I see what war has caused and that was that war leaves a mark on your soul.

End of Book 1