Chapter 11

Emily POV

After when Gregory read the letter, I soon realized the actual striving of these rebels and that was to bring a game called the Hunger Games. I mean why would people rebel against something they don't know about, and it doesn't make not one bit of sense to me.

I know that there is nobody to help me in this war so I have no choice and that is to lose all of my available hope. 

Early the next morning the rest of the Squad and I head into the destruction of my home state and that was Tennessee. We had headed into Nashville and I saw destruction, the buildings fell, people were killed and fires were burning. We also walked over to my school and it laid in rubble with fires burning from it and destruction was everywhere. And then I finally saw the on the outside of my school that were:"fides et sapienta". 

The words "fides et sapienta" means faith and wisdom in Latin and I believe that those were the two things that I needed to get through this war.

Tobias POV

When Emily saw her school, she was in tears so Clement and I decided to comfort her and so we helped her bring back memories of her school and then explained them to us.

She said at school that she loved the crazy pep rallies, the teachers helping the students, the house games and the sport games. So Clement and I decided to make her a book filled with each of her school memories. She agrees to this and later finds my arms and cries in them.

So far I had only known Emily for two weeks and I knew that I was going to love her forever.