Chapter 10

Emily POV

The next day my Squad and I leave for the main source of these rebel attacks. One of my members in my squad finds the that these attacks are located in the United States by rebellious people. The squad that I'm working with consists with : Zoey, Tobias, a man named Clement, a 16 year old boy named Gregory and a 13 year old girl named Luciana. I didn't expect that my team would consist of previous war survivors. 

As we near the place where the rebels are, Zoey gets her gun ready by loading , Clement looks at the picture of his girlfriend, and Tobias gets his thoughts together. As soon as we land everyone quickly leaves the helicopter and then start searching for answers. Five minutes into arriving, there are bullets everywhere. One of them hits Luciana in the heart and later dies. That was really hard for me seeing Luciana get shot and later died from he injury. She told me that she had a mother, father and nine brothers at home. She also told me that her family didn't care wether she died or not, all that mattered to them was their riches.

I gave Luciana's dead body a flower that was near where I stood and then left with the squad. We later find that the person who had seen too much was Clement. When we were in the tents Clement told me about his family and he said that he was the oldest out of his two younger sisters. He also told me that his sisters were almost denied into school like and nearly their education. I felt bad for him he said he wanted a chance at school and didn't get it. He also showed me his gashes on his body and he told me they were from the war that he witnessed. If we win this war, I promise that I will give Clement an education.

The next five days get sadder:

Clement dies from his wounds and then Zoey leaves to look for more answers. I look Tobias and see his body, his body is covered in gashes, scars and blood from the violence. I then see that he has worry and sadness in his beautiful green eyes. I then kiss him and then I walk off without knowing why.

Tobias POV

I can't believe that Emily Gibson kissed me. She felt so bad about me and the way that I was looking so she later kissed me and walked off. That woman needs to get her priorities together. The next night we talk about Luciana and Clement and how they didn't they needed to die, because we needed them for this cause. When we talk about Clement, Emily bursts into tears and says that she could've given him an education and how she could teach him everything about the wonders of school. When talking I place my arms around Emily and soothe her until she falls asleep and thats when she has feelings for me. 

When Gregory urges us to wake up early the next morning, he finds something he never expected and that was a piece of paper that reads:

These people have been training their whole lives for this moment and thats to bring down the United States and to create it into a new country called Panem. 

Together we will strive and not give up, because this is now the Dark Days and it is calling everybody to join this fight and will later create a gladiator game called The Hunger Games.

River Snow.

 I asked myself what is this''Hunger Games"? 

I wondered if it was a game where you starve to death and die of hunger.

I had no clue and if Emily is in, I will try to protect her in anyway possible.