Chapter 12

Emily POV

The days in Tennessee turn into weeks. The Squad and I had been in Tennessee for three weeks and then we get word from Clement that the rebels have advanced towards another town. They attack innocent people, burn down houses and try to overthrow their government.

I also get word from Clement that my mother and family are ok and that they are in a base and that Zoe is with them. She says that they are fighting to survive and hoping to see their home again. I feel relief wash over me and I begin to regain peace again. 

I see my mother a couple days later and see that she hugs me and feels relived to see her youngest daughter alive and well. Just one minute after the attack rebels start shooting their guns and one of the rebels holds a gun close to Zoe's head

"No, don't kill her,"I say with tears in my eyes.

" You have to kill me," Zoey says.

"No, kill me I say, '' and then without warning the rebel shots her  and then she lies unconscious.

Zoey POV

All that I see is shock, Emily comes over and begins to cry on me body. 

" Don't worry Emily, I'll be ok," I say with tears forming in my eyes.

" B-but you were one of the members on your Squad", she says. 

" I was the best because I had hope and I trusted my instincts."

" What happens if there is a Hunger Games?" she asks.

" You must have hope and trust the people you are working with and never give up."

" Ok," she says and then brings me something to hold. And that thing is a dandelion. It was really beautiful and I held it in my hand which brought me back memories of my past and childhood.

After when I slowly receive the flower, the world disappears through white lights and blurs. 

And then I woke up and found that I wasn't damaged anymore. I saw my family and my friends and the rest of everyone that was lost. 

I knew that Emily was going to ok.