Chapter 7

Author's POV:

"JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!!" Victor shouts as Yuri grabs his arm roughly.

"THE WORLD IS MEANT TO BE SHARED DAMMIT! WITH THOSE WHO CARE FOR YOU AND LOVE YOU!!" Yuri shouts with tears running down his face "I care about you..."

Victor pulls his arm away from Yuri as tears start running down his face as well "You're a hypocrite... you know that?" He turns around and starts running off.

"VICTOR!! GET BACK HERE!" Yuri shouts at the top of his weak lungs as he fall to the rocky ground on his knees "I love you...!" He reaches his arm out and watch as Victor leaves in a distance.

Chris walks up to Yuri "If you really love him. You'd go after him." He knees down in front of him.

Yuri bites down on his lip roughly as he clings onto Chris to try getting up. Sadly his legs give way and he falls back down to the rough dirt floor below and once again whales out in pain. Chris grabs Yuri by the ass and squeezes it just enough to wake him up out of whatever trance he was under.

"Chris!! That hurts!" Yuri shouts in his ear in hopes of getting him to let go.

He squeezes it tighter "If Victor were in your shoes he'd run after you!" He shouts back "Even if he didn't love you he'd still run after you... so what's holding you back so much?"

"I'm afraid of losing him..." Yuri looks up at him "I'm afraid alright!" He cries out.

Out of no where Yuri starts to choke on another flower. Clogging his airway he grasps onto Chris's shirt uniform in desperation. 'I wasn't coughing this whole time until now. Why now of all times. It happens every time whenever I make a small move but Victor seems to take no interest in me that way. Did..? Even just for a second... have feelings for me?' Yuri thinks to himself blushing madly as he tries to hack up the petals like a cat.

"Yuri..? Are you..?" Chris notices as Yuri coughs out actual flower petals "Are those real...?"

'Oh no, he saw me...' Yuri freaks out slightly as Chris had finally caught on to why he's always out of breath and choking on what seem like nothing. 'The feelings are connected to the petals... Not only mine but Victor's as well so if he knows what the disease is...' Interrupting Chris grips Yuri's ass cheek with all the strength he can get into one hand.

"Hanahaki?" Chris says with a concerned look.

In shock Yuri pushes Chris off him and stands up on shaky legs. With dry tears on his face he removes his glasses and brushes some hair behind his ear. Chris opens his mouth slightly to say something when he closes it again understanding the situation.

"An illness born from one sided love." Yuri smiles sadly "Please... don't tell anyone."

"I won't..?" Chris stares in shock as he watches the sick boy try to stand up again.

Yuri looks back at the crowd of students standing at the entrance of the school. He wipes his bottom lip dramatically with his thumb and sighs.

"I'm going after him..!" Yuri announces and starts to run even though all odds are against him at that very moment.

"Wait! Yuri!!" I hear the others from the crowd yell after me.

As I exit through the school gates I stop to look back at everyone "I'll bring that idiot back."

'I don't know who else could get him back.' He turns down the path Victor and Yuri always take to go to school together. Not long after he starts down the path that started everything. 'Was it because I pushed him away that day? Did I say or do something wrong that caused him to hate me?' The unbearable pain causes him to tilt side to side as he runs down the beautiful path of cherry blossom trees. After a while he sees Victor in a distance leaning against a tree in the middle of the brightly colored field.

"Leave me alone..." Victor snaps at the sight of Yuri.

Yuri stops in his path just a couple of feet away from him "What..?" He gasps out for breath "After all we've been through?"

"I don't want to hurt you!" Victor shouts loudly the tears returning in his eyes.

"Well you are!! Ignoring me, pushing me around, and making me chase after you out of no where!" Yuri bends over and starts to cough out harshly.

Victor starts to walk forwards and stares down at his dying friend. Yuri looks up at him and grips his arm to pull him down in the petals with him. Both of them fall down onto the pink floor and stare at each other with tears blurring up their vision.

"I'm sorry." Yuri says out of no where.

"No I'm sorry-..." As Victor starts to talk Yuri presses his index finger against Victor's lips.

They both look at each other. Yuri moves face slightly closer to the point where he could start to feel Victor's hot breath fanning his face. Scared he quickly tilts his head back before Victor could even have a chance to notice.

Yuri removes his finger slowly "Promise me something..?" He smiles lightly.

"What is it?" Victor smiles back.

Yuri sticks out his pinky "Promise me you'll depend on me?" He says as his face starts to slowly turn a tint as red.

Victor hesitates for a second and wraps his pinky around Yuri's "Alright..." He notices Yuri's red face and laughs lightly "You're always red aren't you?"

"W-what?" Yuri says embarrassed and brings his hands to the slides of his face "You're right..."

Victor puts his hands over Yuri's and leans in closer to put their foreheads together "Thank you..."

"Anytime..." Yuri blushes more as he watches Victor's lips inch closer and closer to his.

"Yuri~ So naughty." Victor laughs and pulls away.

"YOU'RE THE ONE WHO-...!!" Yuri shouts and waves his hands around in defense.

"Well whatever!" Victor tackles him and they both fall back down onto the colorful cherry blossom lite path.

...........
"The Hanahaki Disease is an illness born from one-sided love, where the patient coughs up flowers or flower petals. The only cure is to have that love reciprocated, or to somehow wipe away all one's memories of their beloved person. The infection can be removed through surgery, but the feelings disappear along with the petals."
...........