Chapter 16

Yuri's POV:
I sit in class in my usual seat all the way in the back; Wondering how I'll ever make a decision regarding what me and the Student council president had discussed. 'I don't want her to win over me because I'm too weak to fight for those I love... I shouldn't give up so easily!' I sigh lightly and look out the window next to me.

"And that concludes class for today." Sensei Feltsmen loud voice booms.

In the corner of my eye I see my classmates getting up and talking about making plans for the weekend. I turn around to look at Victor who is busy as usual with a crowd around him. I get up and start packing my things up 'I wonder if I should tell Victor about the photos... but then he'll know I know he messed around with other people and lied to me.' I look back over to him and blush 'It hurts knowing but I just can't seem to think clearly regardless of her warnings.'

"You want to come to the skating rink today?" Yuuko walks up to my desk.

I open my mouth hesitantly "You know how I feel..."

Interrupting me she reaches over and pats my head in reassurance "You don't have to skate if you don't want to. It's just to hang out and talk... you haven't been spending time with me at all."

I grab her hand from my head and bring in the my chest "Alright... I'll go."

Her attitude brightens up and she smiles "I'll go and tell the others to meet us up there." She runs off.

I throw my book bag over my shoulder and head past the crowd, when, I feel someone grab my wrist. 'Please don't be...' I turn slightly to see Victor's big puppy dog eyes.

"Where are you going." He asks openly, not a care in the world who listens.

"I'm going to the skating rink with the others. You look'd busy..." My voice wonders off.

Suddenly he makes a run for it while still grabbing me. We both dash out the class and down the stairs as the girls try following us. 'What in the world is he trying to do?!' I think to myself as he pushes me out the front door and into the courtyard; by which at this point the girls have given up their per suit.

"W-what...?" I bend over with my hands on my knees trying to catch my breath.

"Sorry..." he does the same as me "I just wanted to leave with you but you know those girls." He offers a warm smile.

"Go back already." I brush him off and continue walking without looking back.

Suddenly his arm is pressed up against a wall blocking my way like in the memes "Where do you think you're going?"

"Away from here... and stop what if someone sees us?!" I shout at him in frustration.

'Ugh I just need sometime to myself... I feel so uneasy about the whole situation and if I'm not telling him I feel like I'm lying! I want to be with Victor... but what if in the end he doesn't feel as strongly towards me as i think he does.'

"Do you want to come to the skating ring with me?" I say out of the blue "E-everyone else is going to be there..."

Realizing my mistake I try to take it back 'in the meantime I can't let her see us because she knows where I live... she might know the skating ring we go to as well! Should I just pretend to ignore him for now so she'll not suspect anything.' I press my index finger against his lips before he can say anything.

"WAIT..." I smile nervously "I have something to tell you...!"

"Oh Victor~" The student council president can be heard in a distance.

"What do you want?" Victor looks back at her annoyed.

"I just wanted to tell you something important..." She looks over at me and smirks.

I gulp deeply as I watch Victor walking over towards her and them conversating amongst themselves. After a while Victor walks back over to me and brushes her off. He grabs my hand roughly and we continue down the courtyard.

"What'd she tell you..?" I ask nervously.

"Nothing to be worried about." Victor says sharply like he's upset about something.

"Are you-..?" He pushes me up against a tree in the shadows.

"It doesn't matter dammit... just stop I'm sorry for bugging you earlier..." He sighs heavily.

"Huh? You've been messing around with other girls anyways. I don't care if those pictures of us get posted all around the school for all I care!! Girls will just be disgusted with you and you'll be mine!!" I shout without even realizing "I'm sorry I can't be a pretty girl or anything...! I know I can't give you certain things you want..!" Tears start welling up in my eyes.

'Why am I crying? I'm the victim here... but why do I care so much when I don't want him to love me... I don't deserve it.' My whole face goes red with blush.

"Hey! Hey! What photos..? What're we talking about Yuri...?" Victor looks at me with concern "I'm sorry for getting upset?"

I bring my hands to fists and bang them against his hard chest as I cry softly "You don't tell me anything so why should I tell you...?"

"Yuri im sorry I didnt mean to make you upset." Victor puts an hand against my cheek "You know I care about you."

"No you don't!!" I cry out.

He embraces me into a warm hug and kisses my cheek softly "If I didn't then why did I go to your house and wrapped up those bloody cuts... I couldn't just let you kill yourself but I don't want to see you go... I care..."

'What do I do... I can't end things or stay away from you no matter how hard I try... it's only been a week knowing but it feels like longer. Those pictures... I see them when I close my eyes. They haunt me knowing I'll never make you happy regardless.'

"Why do I love you?" I grasp onto his shirt crying in his shoulder.

...........
"The Hanahaki Disease is an illness born from one-sided love, where the patient coughs up flowers or flower petals. The only cure is to have that love reciprocated, or to somehow wipe away all one's memories of their beloved person. The infection can be removed through surgery, but the feelings disappear along with the petals."
...........