I

*Deans POV*

I woke up back in my room at the bunker with Crowley standing over me. I had no idea as to how I got there or how I was even alive. I feared Sammy had made some sort of deal with that son of a bitch, but soon found it was all because of the mark. It just wouldn't let go just yet, I couldn't do it to Sam again so I grabbed the blade and left with Crowley. It was better that way, up until Sam got his ass caught by this Cole person, whoever he is- I don't care... Eventually, like it always does, the past came a-knockin and Sam had finally tracked me down thanks to Crowley with Cole trailing not too far behind. Its okay thought, I'm sure he learned his lesson after the beating he got. Too bad Sam caught me right after before I could go celebrate. Ooh but the things I'll do to him as soon as I get free of these shackles, there'll be no mercy from me this time, what I'll do to him, that'll be my celebration.. I'm gonna drag this out and make sure I feed The Mark real good. He's gonna regret even trying to find me, I told him to let me go. As it turns out, he's no better than this thing on my arm.
•••
*Cass' POV*

I want to get to Sam already so I can help him deal with Dean, but all these detours with Hannah continue to hinder that, perhaps it was a mistake to bring her along with me.. I should tell her to return to heaven, but I am getting weaker by the day and probably won't make it to the bunker in time. Maybe if we happen upon another rogue angel I coul-- NO, I cannot think that way, I won't do it again, not even for Dean. Even if it means reaching him faster. I'll just have to find another way just like the Winchesters always do.

*time skip - the final injection*

"You look worried fellas," he says as his black eyes disappear, I'm so relieved he's human once more. I don't know what I'd do if I hadn't gotten here in time, he might've killed Sam for sure. I would've had to finish the ritual myself, and I know for a fact that a human Dean wouldn't be able to handle being at fault for Sam's death. It saddens me that not even the love for his brother could over come the demon inside. Though I guess that's what happens when someone like Dean becomes a demon, everything bad he's suppressed throughout his life- his feelings, thoughts, actions he did and didn't want to take- is brought to the surface. The darkest parts of his soul consume all the good and further perverting his soul, taking him further and further away from m- paradise in heaven rather than an eternal hell on earth for him. I hope that isn't what he wanted..
•••
*Sam's POV*

I splashed Dean with holy water once more, I know he hates that demon or not, but I had to be sure I finally got my brother back. I can't do this without him after all, I don't think I'd want to either. Sure maybe its hypocritical to say so after I told him I wouldn't make the effort to save him, but he knows I never meant it. I was angry for all the things Gadreel had done with my own hands and mostly because Dean made yet another decision without me. Mostly, I was tired, I was so sick of this life I just wanted it to end. But I'll never get out of this life, it always finds its way back so I may as well keep trying to help as many people as I can for as long as I can, which includes my brother. I think its time I let Dean out of those cuffs so he can rest. Then I'm gonna go get drunk.
•••
*Third POV*

A week or two passes, Cass comes and goes, Dean seems to be okay, he isn't home much and doesn't answer his phone all the time. Most days not even Cass can locate him, almost as if he didn't want to be found. He'd often come home late at night drunk or angry, sometimes both. Sam usually assumes he's on a hunt, but Castiel are beginning to worry about him not being able to readjust well, Sam attempts to reach out to his brother but nothing works. He quickly becomes agitated and either lashes out or shuts him out, then leaves again to drink and god knows what else.