Chapter Five

Chapter Five:

“Cassie, come on!” Patrick urged as he pushed me in the direction of the gym. He was annoying the heck out of me with his constant pushing of me joining the volleyball team.

                “No!” I shouted as I put my foot down but since he was a freaking show off for all the leg muscle, he was able to push me all the way to the hallway before the gym. I tried moving to the right so that he would lose his grip on my shoulder but it only ended with me hitting the wall.

                “Ow!”

                “Hey,” he said, laughing, “you’re the one who did that, not me. I was merely pushing you.”

                “Yeah, against my will!”

                He abruptly stopped and turned me around. I was shocked that he finally noticed that he was making me go without my consent. I looked up to see those beautiful green eyes scrutinizing me. I frowned at that. He was up to something.

                “You sure you don’t want to join?” He asked finally after three minutes of us staring at each other.

                The school was almost empty since it was a Friday and it was the last day of volleyball tryouts. Patrick had asked me the last two days to join but only now was he taking full action of me getting a try out for the school’s volleyball team.

                “Yes, P,” I said. I was pretty sure of myself.

                “You really sure?”

                I rolled my eyes. “Do I have to repeat myself?”

                “No.”

                The next thing I know, he throws me over his shoulder and proceeds to walk down the hallway. The next turn was the entrance to the gym and I knew my team was running out. I started kicking and pounding on his back.

                Him, his stupid freaking height, and his muscles.

                They all infuriate me!

                “Patrick, seriously, put me down!” I shouted. Thank God for the empty hallway. I pounded on his back but he just laughed it off. But seeing as I’m not getting off anytime soon, I decided to just go for a different tactic. “I’m not even signed up for the try outs.”

                He didn’t stop walking. He just said, “That’s why I signed you up this morning.” There was a smirk in his tone. I pounded on his back one more time. “Ow, Cassie. You hit like my grandma.”

                “Why the heck did you do that?!” I shouted incredulously.

                He plopped me down on my feet. “Because I know how much fun you’d have if you joined the team.”

                He gazed deep into my eyes and I felt like I could get lost in those dark green orbs… Okay, I sounded so cheesy at the moment and that thought ruined the whole moment for me. I sometimes hate myself.

                “Patrick, I seriously don’t want to join.” I pleaded my last chance.

                “Just humor me, okay?”

                He pushed open the gym doors and led me inside with an arm on the small of my back. I felt butterflies flutter in my stomach. Hey, I might be a dork but I’m still a girl.