Ch. 5 : Hello Konoha

A few more days past when they finally reached the leaf village, the rest of the trip had been stressful but Madara hadn't shown himself again. "Wow this is a grand entrance" Ray chuckled, "I suppose it is" Jiriya smiled gleefully. The three of them walked through the village people recognizing Jiriya and Naruto everywhere simply waving to them. Some came up to speak with Naruto, she figured they were old friends of his, she was introduced to a few of them but she was nervous, she had never been around this many people. It was like this all the way through the village till they reached the building where the Hokage's office resided.

"Tsunade" Jiriya knocked on the door, opening it before she could respond, "Jiriya I see you are back" she looked up at him from her papers, her eyes glided over the three of them till she reached Ray. Her eyes widened a bit recognizing the same similarities between her and Naruto as Jiriya had, she quickly hid her surprise not wanting to rise suspicion, however Ray had already taken note of her expression. "I see you brought a friend back with you" she leaned forward, resting her elbows on her desk, "Yes, her name is Ray, we met her along the road, she said she was seeking refuge here at the leaf village," Jiriya shown a bit of sadness as he finished his statement. "Refuge?" Tsunade looked to him curiously, "we can get to that later" he smiled in attempt to defuse the situation, "very well" she arose from her desk walking around it to lean on the front of it. "Nice to meet you Lady Hokage" Ray bowed, "you as well," Tsunade then turned her attention to Naruto, "I trust your training produced some results?" Naruto smiled real big "you bet!" he laced his fingers behind his head. "Well we will have to test that won't we" Tsunade smirked "I have an opponent for you" just as she said that there was a knock on the door "come in" she announced. A young woman and man walked in the door the young woman wasn't from the leaf, her head band showed she was from the sand village, Sunagakure. The young man though, 'who is that?" Ray's cheeks turned a shade of pink as her eyes met him. "Just reporting in" the young man shifted his weight to one leg putting his hands in his pockets, "Naruto is that you!" he exclaimed lazily, "yea" Naruto chuckled happily. The young man's eyes danced around the room taking note of Jiriya and Tsunade as well "who is this?" his eyes rested on Ray, a little more relaxed. "This is Ray we met her during my training" Naruto swung his arm around Ray like an old friend. "Ray this is Shikamaru he's an old buddy of mine" Naruto pointed to the young man, "and this is....uhhhh..." Naruto looked at the young lady dumfounded, "what was your name again?" he asked embarrassingly, "you don't remember me?" she crossed her arm frustrated. "That's Temari Naruto" Shikamaru answered him annoyed, "oh yea..." he laughed uncomfortable. "You haven't changed a bit" Shikamaru shook his head.

"Wait so is Shikamaru my opponent?" Naruto looked to Tsunade confused, "no" Shikamaru answered for him, "then her" he then pointed to Temari, "not even" Temari looked away from him. "No Naruto your opponent is out there" Tsunade pointed at the window, so Naruto walked to the window opening it, "oh hey Kakashi sensei!" Naruto jumped out the window, 'I suppose I will stay out of all this I'm a bit out of my place here' Ray thought to herself backing away from the group. He spoke with Kakashi for a moment before the two of them left, she heard something about somebody named Sakura was joining them as well. In this process Shikamaru and Temari had left as well leaving Jiriya, Tsunade and herself.