Olivia's Story

23:  Olivia's Story

After so much struggle and strife attempting to summon the lion, Olivia hadn't expected it to work.

Usually it only took her a few seconds to summon an animal.  Maybe up to a minute, if they were further away.

But she had summoned the lion.  And she had got more than she bargained for.

She summoned Sasha as well.

Olivia Green had never summoned a human before.  Ever.  They were the only animals that didn't really count as part of Nature, as they tended to destroy it rather than contribute to it.

Well, she supposed Pippa could heal humans as well as plants and animals, but Pippa wasn't her.

Sasha was lying on the grass, seemingly unconscious, still clinging onto the lion.   Slowly, she opened her eyes.

"Yay!"  Josie exclaimed.  "You're alive!  Liv, the Queen hasn't been taken off the board, yet!"

Typical Josie.

Sasha looked worried and flustered.  "Is Alex okay?"  She asked.

"Who's Alex?"

"Oh."  Sasha smiled.  "The lion."

"You called the lion Alex?"  Josie asked unbelievably.

"After Alex the Lion from 'Madagascar'?"  This question was from Rachael, who had been quiet until now.

"I think it suites him.  More than 'The Lion', anyway."  Olivia said.  It was true, the lion was in need of a name.  She turned to face the lion.  "Are you alright with being called Alex?"