Chapter 2

Four and I have hated each other since we were in elementary school. He would always steal my toys and we have held a grudge on each other till now. 

'Whatever, Four.' I roll my eyes and lock my car, before I step on the pavement letting him park.

I walk into the school bulding and head towards my locker. My best friend, Christina sees me and hugs me very tightly. I laugh and hug her back.

'Chris! How was Mexico?' I ask.

'It was great thank you! I missed you so much I haven't seen you in ages!' she replies cheerfully.

Will and Lynn come join us, and we all catch up in our small group. They all went away over the summer, and I haven't seen them since we left school to go on holiday.

'Move.' Four shoves Will to the side, so that he could get to his locker, which happens to be just next to mine.

Four is the most popular guy in school. He's extremely good looking, and you can hear the girls swoon over him wherever he goes. He is also Quarterback for the school football team. Noone realises how much of an ass he is, except for me.

They haven't known him since elementary school.

I grab my books for my next lesson, History, before Four can pester my friends anymore. We spilt up to go to our next lesson. Christina is also in history with me, so we walk to the classroom together. I sit down at an empty seat at the back of the classroom. Christina sits next to me.

The bell goes off signaling the lesson had started. Four walks in casually, late as usual. When he walks in, his best friends, Zeke and Uriah jump up and Zeke shouts 'Four! Dude we haven't seen each other in so long!'

They slap each other on the backs and start to have their own conversation, like the teacher isn't even there.

The teacher, Miss Matthews, clears her throat. 'Boys, you can catch up later, but right now we have a lesson to start. Four, please take a seat.'

I look around and my eyes widen in horror. The only seat left free is one next to mine. He drops into it and swears under his breath. 'Another year with the Stiff, great.'

I ignore his comment and continue listening to the teacher. Before the bell rings to signal the end of the lesson, Miss Matthews tells us that we would have to do a project with a partner researching an important event in history- World War 1. We would have to do this after school and give a presentation about it three weeks later.

'I have already assigned the pairs. Nothing you say or do will make me change them.'

Please not be Four, please.

Will and Christina, Shauna and Zeke, Marlene and Uriah, Four and Tris.'

Just hearing mine and Four's name in the same sentance, makes me so angry. We glare at each other and I can tell he is seriously pissed off. I don't care, because I am too.

The bell rings and I walk out the classroom, to my next lesson.

I'm going to be taking Fourtris slow in this story, and I'm really sorry if you don't like that! I just feel like their relationship shouldn't be rushed, and it should slowly develop, like in Divergent. Please vote and comment if you want to see more! Xoxo