Chapter 4

I lead Marcus and Tobias to the dining room where Caleb has prepared dinner.

My parents are already seated facing each other, with Caleb on my dad's side. Marcus sits down next to my mom and Tobias sits down next to his dad. The only seat left for me is next to Caleb and opposite Tobias. Wonderful.

Marcus notices my black eye and he asks 'Who gave that black eye to you, Tris?'

My eyes immediately shoot up to Tobias, and Tobias gives me this weird pleading look like he is telling me not to tell his dad. I decide not to, and I simply reply 'It was really an accident, nothing happened.'

Tobias mouths a thank you to me.

That's weird. He's never ever nice to me. Maybe he really doesn't want his dad finding out.

The rest of the dinner the adults indulge themselves in a political discussion, while I sit and play with my food. Me and Tobias don't say a word to each other.

Suddenly my mom says 'Tris, why don't you show Tobias around?'

I open my mouth to object, but no words come out. I see Tobias roll his eyes, but I stand up and says 'Why not? Let's go.'

After touring around the house, which Tobias had absolutely no interest in. I bring him into my bedroom and we sit opposite each other, him on a beanbag and me on my bed.

'Don't you dare tell anybody my real name or who my dad is. Or else I will kill you.' he says.

'Tob- Four, don't worry. I am not a jackass like you. I actually keep my promises and I won't do something that will hurt other's.' I reply.

'Whatever' he mutters.

His eyes lock onto mine and for the first time since I've known him I actually realise how blue they are, so dark blue they're almost black. There was a silence as we continue to gaze at each other. I've been staring too long. I look away and so does he. We sit in silence for a couple of minutes until we hear Marcus shout 'Tobias! Let's go!'

I stand up and lead Tobias down the stairs and back into the main entrance.

'Thank you so much for coming.' I say to Marcus and Tobias.

Marcus takes turns hugging my parents then to me. My parents then hug Tobias and Tobias walks away before we can hug. Good.

But when he walked away I felt this pang in my chest, a feeling of emptiness and rejection.

No, Tris. You hate him.

And with that I walked back upstairs and got myself ready for bed.

Thanks for reading guys! I'm getting more and more reads which is AMAZING. Vote, comment and follow for more love youu xoxo