Chapter 8

It's Saturday today. The morning after Tobias' lame party. I wake up at 8am and go for a run. I love running around the neighbourhood, and I try to go running 5 times a week. I wear my Nike sports bra, and some gym shorts, and my favourite pair of mint trainers.

It's a Saturday morning, so everyone else is still asleep at home. I grab my headphones and I run down the stairs and pick up a water bottle on the way out. I plug my headphones in and music starts playing. I start jogging once I step out onto the driveway. I go the other way so I don't pass Tobias' house, and go on my usual circuit around my entire neighbourhood.

It's been about 20 minutes, and I pass the park. It's a really nice day so I decide to run in the park, passing the massive duck pond and the kids playground. I love jogging, because it takes my mind off things and I love any form of exercise. I sit down on the grass to take a break after another 20 minutes of jogging, drinking from my water bottle and soaking up the morning sun. I sit there looking out at the pond, watching familes, couples and even old people walk by and I get lost in thought.

Before I know it, time has gone by so quickly again and it's now nine. I stand up ready to jog around the park again and back home. I'm passing by the playground, but unexpectedly I see two little twin girls, about 9 years old, running up to me with excited looks on their faces. They're screaming something at me, but my headphones are on so I can't hear a thing. I take them off and they're saying 'Trissss! It's Tris!!'

I'm a bit confused at first but then I realise who they are. They're Tobias' two twin sisters, Ellie and Tilly. I babysat them last summer for two weeks, when Mr Eaton went away on a business trip and Tobias was always out. To be honest, there was not one night over those 2 weeks where he was at home.

'Ellie! Tilly! How are my beautiful girlies?' I crouch down, giving them a big hug. Before they can answer, Tobias and Lauren (wait, what is she doing here?) come up towards them while Lauren says, in a super sickly sweet voice 'Ellie, Tilly! Let's go to the playground!'

'No!' Ellie yells.

'We don't want to go with you, we want to go with Tris!' Tilly yells back, both of them tugging at my hands.

'Sure!' I say, I don't mind spending some time with them.

They run ahead, pulling me along with them, and I see Tobias and Lauren follow us, Tobias smiling and Lauren rolling her eyes.

/Tobias POV/

It's a saturday morning, so I decide to take my little sisters Tilly and Ellie to the park. Lauren decided to come along, and even though I like Lauren's company once in a while, I have to admit she gets annoying and I like to spend my time alone with my little sisters. I'm really protective over them.

Once we start approaching the playground, Tilly and Ellie started running forwards, towards someone.

They're shouting 'Tris! It's Tris!'

I look up, and I see Tris, indeed, wearing nothing but a sports bra and shorts, giving the twins a big hug.

They pull her along to the playground, and I can't help but smile.

To be completely honest, I was drunk last night, and I did not mean to kiss her during 7 minutes in heaven at all. Like at all. But when my lips met hers, I can't deny that I did feel something.

Tobias, no! You hate her!

/Tris POV/

I push Ellie and Tilly on the swings, pushing them twice at the same time. Whenever they reached the top, they would scream in delight. I returned light laughs every time they would do that. After 15 minutes, they ran up to Tobias and tugged at his hand 'Let's go play tag, Tris should come too!'

They didn't glance at Lauren once, let alone invite her to play with them.

'Tobias is it!' Ellie squealed. I started running away from him, in the opposite direction as Ellie and Tilly. However, Tobias came running in my direction, causing me to run faster. I love running, and I was good at it, but Tobias was better. He was getting closer and closer, and I started running faster and faster. When he could almost catch me, his arm was stretched far trying to touch me. I ran in the opposite direction, and he just chuckled 'I'm going to get you, Prior.'

'In your dreams, Eaton.'

Suddenly, I felt big strong arms wrap around me, pressing my back agaisnt his.

'Told ya I'd get ya.' He said, even though I wasn't facing him, I knew he had a smirk on his face.

'Ew, get off me.' I flap his arms away, surprised by his intimacy towards me.

Lauren looks at us with her mouth wide open, and an expression that looks like she just got stabbed.

'Ellie! Tilly! I'm going to go now!' I screamed, I needed to leave, mainly because I was sweaty and gross, but because I don't want to see Tobias for any longer.

'Awwweee! Bye Tris! Come see us soon!' they chanted in unison.

I waved back and started to jog back home, thinking about the way Tobias held me and how surprisingly safe and comfortable I felt in his arms.

Sorry for a short chapter, but many of you have been asking for an update and here it is! I'll try and update soon again, but please keep reading and voting, means so much!! And don't lose hope, fourtris is definitely happening, I just dont know when!! Xoxo