3

Author Note: This chapter includes cussing.

"Okay, Miss Patty," Bonnie said running around the kitchen like a chicken with her head cut off. "Lunch is in the fridge and her's is labeled. Don't confuse it with Emma's. I also just put her down for a nap. So please make sure she gets her rest. She is a cranky pants if she doesn't."

Damon wet his lips leaning against the door jamb marvelling at her charade. "Don't kill any vampires in the house."

Miss Patty turned to him and smiled. "I can't promise anything. Present company included."

He smirked snidelly, but didn't want to admit that he half liked the broad. Half. "Let's go," he barked to Bonnie his eyes never leaving the impentrable old lady.

"Will be back in a few short hours, and don't worry she knows her babysitter will be here and she's super excited about it." Bonnie said rubbing the woman's arm lightly as Damon all but pulled her out of the kitchen. They piled into the car and she waved at the babysitter standing by the door to see them off. "What if she has a heart attack?" Bonnie said through gritted teeth and a fake plastered smile. For fear the woman would know whats up.

Damon put the car in park and drove it a few blocks away to the waiting designated location. "Then I guess we're going with deaf girl," he shrugged.

She looked genuinely scared. "Are you kidding me? I'd rather have no one." She rolled down her window and yelled at Enzo. "Go easy on this one she's older."

"Hell no," Damon's brow furrowed. "You think some enemy of mine is going to go easy on her. If she doesn't make it through the second interview. Oh well she lived a good life."

Jeremy shook her head. "You haven't changed at all. Thats somebody's family member in there."

Damon put the car in parked and hopped out. Getting into Jeremy's face so that he knew he was serious. "If my daughter is hurt because that little old lady can't hack it in the supernatural world. She won't have a whole family, because I'll kill the lot of them."

"Ohhh, I love it when you talk dirty," Enzo said putting the car in drive and screeching off.

"Dammit, Enzo you said you weren't going to do that again.

Bonnie laughed. "They make a good pair don't they."

Damon laughed. "Don't tell them that," he said leaning on her side of the car. There eyes connected and for a moment he had almost forgotten what it felt like to have that smile radiating back at him. He almost wanted to reach down and kiss her, but there was so much between them.

"Damon."

"Bonnie."

She laughed. "Maybe we could --"

He shook his head and looked away. Going around to the driver side as he heard the guys burst through the front door in the distance.

Growing frustrated she took the keys out of the ignition. "Listen to me. I can't keep this up. Are you ever going to forgive me?"

"No one asked you to start to begin with. What your lips are growing tired from all the lip service you've been giving me? I loved you. I loved you more than life itself. You saved me and I returned that ten fold by literally saving you from hell. And then the first sign of trouble you abondon me. To humanity, to lonliness and undeserved guilt. And then you come back and I get this," he said waving his hand at her. "My daughter gets this. A vampire? For what?" He shrugged. "For what? I didn't want you to be a vampire, Bonnie. I wanted you to love me as much as I loved you. Loyalty. You can't vamp your way into that," he put the car in drive. Not even caring how far the guys had gotten into there little skit. He needed out of the car immediately.