On the angel and Boldan

If you think this story is long, you're probably right. I'd say we're close to halfway through, but I'm not even done writing this yet, so this could turn into the first quarter mark- I don't even know yet. Bear with me, I really like this story and I hope you do too :D

~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~

Leo!” Annabeth cried in anger. “That’s the third time you’ve hit Luke on the head!” She roared, her hand on a small blonde boy’s head. He was adorable- except for the jagged scar across his face.

I looked over at Callista, who met my exasperated gaze, and we continued sketching- pencils scratching against copy paper.

“It’s a new record!” Leo cried, waving his hands around. A couple kids cheered, another screamed at the noise, and yet another took one of Annabeth’s crayons and shoved it in his mouth.

“I can’t ever do anything in peace!” Annabeth screeched, pulling at her hair. A nurse noticed her distress and pulled her into a corner, while another fixed the problem of the child chewing on a green crayon. Leo continued to make noise- much to some poor kid’s distress- and his little fan club followed him around the room as he built crazy little weapons out of pencils and crayons.

“I like your angel.” A little voice called up to me, most likely talking about my drawing. I looked down to see a little girl that looked stunningly like Callista, but her face was rounder, and her eyes were greener.

“I’m Elliana.” The little girl reached out for my hand, and I smiled as I shook.

“I’m Jordan.” I replied, finding it strange that I could easily converse with a little kid I had just met rather than adults that wanted to ‘help’ me.

“And how old are you, Elliana?” Callista piped up.

Seems like it was easier for her too.

“I’m seven.” She showed her fingers. “How old are you?” She inquired.

“We’re fifteen.” I said, internally marveling at my wasted life.

Eleven years of doctors, medicine, asylums, and weird people.

No wonder I didn’t like people.

“You’re so old!” Elliana marveled. I smiled again, reveling in her childlike behavior.

“I guess I am.” I murmured, looking back down at my drawing.

“So what are you doing here?” Callista asked, putting the finishing touches on her mermaid.

“I don’t know.” The little girl smiled toothily. “I go home every weekend- not to my real family, but my new family. My new family likes me more.” She informed us. I nodded, my smile slipping slightly.

“My old family kept saying I was a mistake, and if they didn’t like what I did, they’d hurt me.” Elliana pouted, hurt filling those wide green eyes. “Sometimes I wouldn’t eat either.” She added.

“I’m sorry.” Callista said quietly.

“But my new family likes me! They like me so much, they don’t think I need to stay here. They keep saying they love me, and they want me to stay longer.” She smiled brightly, her eyes lighting up again. Callista and I exchanged a relieved look.

“That’s great!” Callista exclaimed, always better with the happier words then me. “Do you like them?” She asked.

It was strange watching her make conversation.

“Yes! I like them a lot. I might even love them- they keep telling me they love me, but I don’t know what that is. I think it’s bigger than like, so I do love them!” She beamed.