On facing demons

"Alrighty then." I clapped, nervously looking around.

Somehow, over the course of the next couple days, my antisocial qualities have been... Better.

I still don't like people.

But I've gotten pretty good at acting.

"Here's the thing." I looked around, at the unfamiliar territory of Piper's room. All my new friends had gathered, Percy, Annabeth, Piper, Jason, Leo, and Nico.

"I'm sure by now, you've noticed something off about me. Whether it was the weird introduction to Rachel, the mass pass out with Octavian, Rachel, and Nico, or the random panic attacks I seem to be having, let me assure you- you're not wrong." I saw a couple of them exchange nervous glances.

"So what is it you need to tell us, Jordan?" Piper asked, ever the sweet one.

"It's really complicated, and..." I stopped, looking around. "Let’s just get it over with."

"I dream about people's pasts. And because I watch the reason why they're landed in a mental asylum- and there's some pretty scary reasons- there are some pretty creepy things haunting me." I bit my lip, looking at the floor.

It hurt to tell them this.

"Hey, it's okay." I heard a voice call. I looked up at Annabeth.

"It's not like you can control what you dream about." Leo called out.

Not like he already knew or anything.

"So if you can see pasts... Whose pasts have you seen?" Jason asked. I stiffened.

My eyes guiltily traveled to Leo.

He smiled.

My traitorous eyes then slowly moved across the room to Percy.

He froze, as stiff as I was.

"Percy and Leo's?" Piper asked. I could tell she was curious.

But I wasn't like that.

I'm not telling.

"It hurts to watch." I admitted quietly, my eyes stuck on Percy's blazing green ones. "I don't like watching. It hurts too much."

"I'm sorry, Percy." I whispered. Percy pushed past me and barged out of the room.

"Percy!" Annabeth yelled, getting up to run after him. I grabbed her wrist, stopping her.

"Don't go after him." I murmured. "He has every right to be angry." I smiled blankly. Her features scrunched up, probably getting ready to say something about Percy, whether to reassure me or her- I didn't know.

"We can't just leave him out there though." Jason noted, staring at the door, still struck by my revelation.

"I knew this was a bad idea." I said simply, flopping down between Leo and Nico to sit on Piper's bed. "Who in their right mind wants some schizophrenic girl they don't know prying into their past?" I asked the floor, staring down, not meeting anyone's eyes.

"I'll go after him." Piper decided, standing up off her place on the floor. She walked to her door, but hesitated and turned back towards me.

"Look, Jordan." She started. I looked up, my eyes empty. "Leo's right. You can't control this. We can't be angry over something that hurts you." Piper decided.

I realized something then.

Piper definitely didn't want me seeing her past.

"You say that, but in reality, you're like the rest of them.” I accused under my breath. “It's something personal I've got to deal with. Don't worry about me, worry about Percy." I shooed her off.