CHAPTER THREE

This is a short fluffy feel good piece that i wanted to write while i was busy through out last two weeks with sallah and many other stuffs. It may feel like an angst piece, but i prefer to think of it as a very warm moment. I hope you agree.

***************

Flash back

Dr. Mansoor Abdallah, now a semi-retired doctor was sitting in his home study looking out onto the extensive grounds of the large estate he and his family resided on.

Specifically he loves seeing his wife play with their children. It always brought a smile to his face seeing his family together.

"Hafsa"? a nervous voice called to her from the doorway.

She turned to the door and saw Hajiya Babba, her grandmother, now seventy, standing there looking a bit nervous.

"Now that you have gotten admission into the university you will no longer have time to chat and spend time together with me, she said in a crying voice."

"Please come on" she told her grandmother.

She still had a bit of the formality in her speech patterns. Ordinarily she lived being around her grandmother, and had the most interesting conversation with her.

°°°

She parked her car straight at the underground parking lot at Next Cash And Carry Departmental Store, that is her favourite place for shopping.

Bleep.....bleep.....bleep. Hafsa passed each of the grocery item over the barcode scanner with a cool, numb detachment to the cashier for payment.

He was standing immediately next to her at the counter for checkout too, she never knew because she was full of thought of her new life in the university.

Thank you was what she uttered to the cashier, when she turn back and mistakenly bumped into the young man standing next after her.

"Oooops! I'm so sorry she said to him. "

"Never mind I'm the one suppose to apologise, i did not notice your presence behind me as he bend down trying to pack up her stuffs.

"I love marsh mellows," he stated.

"Its my favourite" She replied
without looking at him and continue with packing her stuffs.

These fleeting glimpse of her were more than a distraction to her. They were becoming an obsession. She could feel her heart flutter when ever her eyes met his, just like when Haneef stole an awkward kiss from her at a birthday party when she was ten.

"Jamal, my name is Jamal he said in reaffirmative."

"Shush", said Hafsa.

"You're still not answering me?" teased Jamal.

"I couldn't" she replied in a firm whisper.

Hafsa looked over to where Jamal was standing and she suddenly met his eyes and smiled. She turned quickly away.
She could feel herself beginning to blush.

"I couldn't", She repeated now head bowed and embarrassed. She knew that if she couldn't force herself to look at him, how on earth could he possibly open up and start a conversation.

Jamal couldn't take his eyes off Hafsa as he watched her open her car settled her stuffs in and drove away. That was when he remembered she dropped her iPad the time she bumped into him and forgot to pick it.

NOT EDITED

Hello! How una dey my people?

Show some love dan Allah.

Please vote, comment, recommend and share.

Lots of love

Amierah🌼