Chapter 8

Your POV
I skipped down the corridors of Hogwarts, excited for the big day. I had a whole lot to plan for it. I came across bickering as I passed and almost empty classroom.

"Why did you change YN and Draco's partners, Minerva?" The familiar sound of Kingsley Shacklebolt's voice said.

"After all they've been through I couldn't just possibly throw them another problem their way!" Professor McGonagall argued.

Well she does have a point...

"You can't just do that! I hand picked these myself and I think Keiynan and YN make a perfect couple!" Kingsley argued back.

I put my hand over my mouth in shock.

I only like Keiynan as a friend nothing more. I have been in love with Draco for years. I can't just replace all of those years with a few months with Keiynan!

"Draco and YN have been together for years! You can't just replace all that time with one term!" McGonagall said.

Nice going Professor, it's like you read my mind.

"I won't have it. Have them meet me in your office immediately." Kingsley ordered.

"You can't ruin a wedding Kingsley! They've wanted that for years! It's not fair to them!" McGonagall said.

I stepped back, and ran as fast as I could to the dorms. Tears filled my eyes, threatening to spill. My heels clicked against the stone floor as I ran.
•••••
I finally arrived at the dorms and I opened the door to the one to Draco and I's. There stood Draco going through pictures, but when he heard the door slam he turned around, a smile on his face that soon faltered.

"YN, what's wrong?" He asked as I fell on my knees crying.

He crouched down to my level and rubbed circles along my upper back.

"K-Kingsley. He's g-gonna make us sw-switch back t-to our origin-al part-ners." I sobbed.

He pulled me in a comforting hug, kissing the top of my head, and shushed me soothingly.

"He wouldn't. Professor McGonagall will reason with him." Draco reassured.

"Sh-She t-tried." I sobbed, "B-But h-he won't budge."

"Then we'll have to." Draco replied.

I pulled away and he wiped away the excess tears left on my cheeks.

"What if we have to switch?" I asked.

"He can't make us. We love each other enough to argue with him." Draco said.

I nodded slightly.

Why is Kingsley going to get in the way of what we have?

(Oooh. What do we have here? A plot twist! I am so bad! 😂)