Chapter One

Disclaimer::::

I do not own Harry Potter or Howl's Moving Castle characters. Only my OC character (s).

I don't make any profit from any of my stories on this website.

Rated M due to future sexual content.

"Characters Speaking"

Characters Thinking
/Authors Comments\

~~~Chapter One~~~

My life for the past year has been wonderful. Of course, we are living through a war, but I am not being forced to take part. I hide my magic using a barrier around my body so no one can feel it unless I let them know.

I was adopted by a family that makes hats. It is fun making hats. I have two new sisters, Sophie and Lettie and an adoptive Mum, Honey. Most of the time, I can be found with Sophie making hats or reading some of my family books.

I have to keep magic on my body at all times. When I woke up during this period, I noticed that my hair had changed from pure black to moonlight silver. My eyes had changed as well. With my power, they glow bright emerald green. Of course, I hide this by using magic to make my hair appear pure black and for my eyes to appear normal emerald green.

Why do I have the feeling that something bad is going to happen? Is it just me being paranoid? I haven't been able to practice my magic since I got to this world and haven't been in animal forms. I want to run in a forest like I used to. But then again, it wouldn't be the same; I hadn't got Padfoot or Moony to run with me, especially on the full moons when the three of us used to run.

I would need to find somewhere where no one goes so I can run around. I will worry about that later. Not to mention that because I travelled to another period, my magical core isn't fully healed just yet, so I can only do simple magic, and I can only turn into my cat animal form as it is the smallest and doesn't take as much magic as the other forms do.

It's time to spend some quality time with Sophie. She says she isn't pretty, but she is, both on the inside and the outside. Yet, she still won't believe me when I tell her that. She will eventually. I will just need to keep on convincing her otherwise.

I walk down the stairs to see that Sophie is pulling her hat over her head while making a face of disgust. What is the matter with her? Did the other hat makers do something to annoy her again? Like talking about the Wizard Howl, or was she thinking badly about herself again? Most probably due to the look on her face, it is all of the above.

"Sophie, where are you going?" I ask her, confused, as she normally doesn't go out this early.

"Just to the bakery to visit Lettie. Do you want to come with me?" She replies sheepishly.

I haven't seen Lettie for a while, so I nod. As soon as the pair of us was ready, we left, locking the door to our little hat shop and managed to catch the tram just before it left. We only managed to get on due to how full it was with the crowd.

Many crowds gathered for the May Day parade, with plenty of planes and banners flying overhead. It doesn't look like we can get through the crowd to get to the bakery without getting trampled.

I look at the crowd in front of me and sweatdrop. "Any idea how we will get past this crowd safely?"

"Lettie wrote me down a different way to get to the bakery, so..." Sophie trails off.

Sophie pulls a small piece of paper from her pocket and leads me into the alleyway. Of course, we get blocked again. Sophie gasps when she sees a lone soldier guarding the guns and other soldier provisions, making him look up at the two of us. This scares Sophie, so she pulls me away and walks faster.