Chapter Four

Disclaimer::::

I do not own Harry Potter or Howl's Moving Castle characters. Only my OC character (s).

I don't make any profit from any of my stories on this website.

Rated M due to future sexual content.

"Characters Speaking"
Characters Thinking
/Authors Comments\

~~~Chapter Four~~~

~~~Previous~~~

"I would never work for that Witch! She's the one who..." Sophie shouts, but she stops when her mouth clamps shut, and nothing leaves her mouth apart from groans. "I'm actually a..."

That is not good; I can tell that she is getting irritated. Sophie sat up straight before slamming her hands on the table, knocking books and food to the floor. Markl was smart enough to pick up his plate from the table before this happened.

"If I ever get my hands on that Witch, I'm going to wring her fat neck!" She yells. "Finish your breakfast," Sophie growls out. The poor kid seems to be regretting asking that question now. Sophie continues eating her food.

I look at Sophie and let out a sigh. "Sophie." Again, I say no more and just look at her. Sophie looks at me before looking back at her food. "Sorry." She goes back to eating but looks less stressed.

I shake my head and look to see Markl and Calcifer looking at me. I just shrug my shoulder before I go back to eating. 

~~~Present~~~

As soon as breakfast was finished, Sophie immediately began cleaning. She put a cloth over her grey braid and another over her nose and mouth, hanging up her shawl and tying up her dress so that it would stay out of her way, looking like trousers.

"I've had enough of this!" She tells me while sweeping the ceiling before moving back to sweeping the floor. "You bugs better run before I bite your heads off!" She growls at bugs and mice scatter and hide from her in the opposite direction. "I'm sick of being treated like some timid old lady!"

I watch from next to Calcifer as Sophie brushes everywhere, knocking things from the table. Markl quickly moves things out of the way, in his old man disguise, and places them outside the Porthaven door. I chuckle as a customer comes up to Markl. "Hello, sir. Is my potion ready?"

"Come back later. There's a witch on a rampage in there." Markl replies.

Sophie gets a bucket of water and pours it on the floor. She quickly scrubs the floor until it is sparkly and clean. Before returning to the other direction, Sophie walks by, holding a rolled-up rug. I look at Calcifer to see his wood running out and quickly hand him a log. I look at my cat fur to see it is dusted from Sophie's cleaning spree.

"Wait, what are you doing?" Calcifer asks when Sophie picks him up using tongs and places him over a pot.

I couldn't help but notice a large object at the bottom of his body, weighing him down. What is that? "Don't! I'll fall! You crazy lady with tongs!"

Sophie carries an old sheet, places it down in front of the hearth and starts to sweep off the ashes. "You'll be fine," Sophie assures him.

"I'll fall! Help! Rose, make her get me out of here!" He pleads.

"Sophie!" I say, glancing at Calcifer, worried. Markl was outside sorting out what he and Howl needed and didn't need. Howl was still in the bathroom.

"Don't worry, Rose. I'm just sweeping out the ashes," She says as Calcifer holds onto the stake, rolling about on the edge of the pot.