Chapter Three

Disclaimer::::

I do not own Harry Potter or Howl's Moving Castle characters. Only my OC character (s).

I don't make any profit from any of my stories on this website.

Rated M due to future sexual content.

"Characters Speaking"
Characters Thinking
/Authors Comments\

~~~Chapter Three~~~

~~~Previous~~~

"Hey, lady? Lady? Hello? Lady? Hello?" He calls out to her, rising out of his grate to get a better look at Sophie. "Hey. Hey, hey! Lady? Lady? Hey, let me get over there." He tries to reach over to Sophie, and I laugh gently. "Some big help you're going to be."

"We did walk from the nearby town, and she was changed into an old lady," I state.

"Can you say who?" He asks curiously.

"The Witch of the Wastes. I was in the backroom when she cursed Sophie. So, how long have you been with Howl?" I ask, wondering if he can answer some questions so I'll have more clues to his spell with Howl.

"Since he was a kid." I nod. A while, then.

"Anything else you can say?" I ask him, but I feel he won't be able to.

"No, nothing else," he answered apologetically. I sighed. I thought so. I decided to go to sleep. I was getting tired. I turned back into my cat form, hopped onto the hearth, curled next to the fire, and quickly fell asleep.

I didn't see Calcifer looking at me curiously when I turned back into a cat.

~~~Present~~~

The next morning, I woke to pounding from the door, waking me up before Sophie. But then again, I am used to getting up earlier than anyone else. Footsteps pounded on the stairs, and I watched as a kid appeared while Sophie, who had woken up, pretended to still be asleep.

"Hey, who's this lady?" The kid asks.

"Porthaven door," Calcifer states. It seems he is ignoring the kid's questions altogether.

"How'd she get in here?" I watch curiously with my head tilted to the side as the kid pulls a clock from under the mess on the table. He pulled the hood over his head, and a grey beard appeared over his nose, mouth and chin. "Stand by," He says in a deeper voice as he switches the colour on the dial beside the door from blue to green. The light outside started to pour from the window above the door. The kid opened the door to reveal a man in a black suit and a sash with a man in blue behind him. "Mr Mayor, good day," He spoke in a deeper and rougher voice.

"Good afternoon, sir. Would the great wizard Jenkins be at home?"

"I am afraid that my master is out at the moment. I speak for him in his absence." The boy spoke from his disguise as I jumped off the fire hearth and moved towards the boy curiously, just as Sophie woke up.

"An invitation from His Majesty the King. The time for war is upon us. His Majesty requires that every witch and wizard aid our homeland. Wizard Jenkins must report to the palace immediately. That is all." The Mayor finished.

Sophie fed Calcifer some logs to keep the fire going as she mutters to herself. "War...I can't believe it's come to this," She says, warming her hands.

"And what do you think you're doing here, Grandma?" The kid asks, still wearing the cloak.

"Calcifer said that we can come in," Sophie says.

"'We'?" The kid asks while looking around until his gaze lands on me. "A cat?" He questions.