Chapter 5:Underwater World

The girls, hearing Dave and Mindy argue about them, starts to demonstrate the powers to their classmate, Moira pulls out a rock made of dust and kicks it, Summer manipulates the fire and shoots lava at the sky, making it to turn fiery red, Hannah uses her water powers and a water flood comes out from the fountain of the school, Darby releases the air from her hands, this impresses everybody, except Mindy.

"Wow, I am amazed!" said Dave.

"and I'm not." said Mindy.

Moira, Summer, Hannah and Darby goes to Waterton Beach, where they found the Pearl earlier, Loretta is riding in her bike, imagining herself as a biker, she sees her older sister and her friends taking off their clothes before jumping into the sea, Moira has a green bikini, Hannah and Summer has a yellow and pink one, Darby has a blue swimsuit.

"How Big Sis is doing?" Loretta asked, she pulled her telescope from her skirt pocket and sees the quartet going into the water, they jump out of the water, revealing their mermaid form. "Wow..." She said.  

  Moira and her friends became amazed to realize the ocean had turned them into mermaids, they started to swim joyfully, jumping out of the water, then coming back in, Loretta is mesmerized about this, Charlene is jogging in the streets, wearing a sporty attire, she sees her younger sister on the beach watching the quartet.

"The mermaid watcher..." said Charlene. "I don't know how she is doing." she tapped her feet in the ground.

The girls are on the sea, swimming, until they see the reef, the girls look impressed at the underwater world, they see some fishes swimming by, Darby sees a clownfish and greets it. "Hi, We are from the surface!" She greeted.  

  "The fishes seems impressed about the new inhabitants of the reef!" said Moira.

"Let's use our elemental powers!" said Summer.

The girls use their elemental powers, Moira begins to lift soil, while Darby uses winds to summon various flowers flying in the sky, she grabs it and smells it, Hannah pulls the water like a platform and Summer shoots fireballs in the air like fireworks, Loretta and Charlene watches in amazement.

"My sister is a mermaid, Charlene, My sister is a mermaid!" Loretta shakes Charlene eagerly.

"I was wrong about not believing in mermaids, let's go home, Lor." Charlene drags Loretta by the hand as they go home.  

  Moira and her friends goes back to the surface, they put their clothes on and goes to their homes, their parents are there waiting for them, a slender, middle-aged woman has black hair, a gray shirt, green pants, red eyes and lipstick, matching high heels is taking fresh air, she sees Darby coming to see her.

"Darby! You scared me!" said the woman, named Tessa.

"I'm ok, mom, I was hanging out in the beach." said Darby. "with my friends."

"You were hanging out in the beach?" Tessa asked. "Sweetie, something happened to you?"

At Summer's house, Summer is watching a black-and-white silent film, her parents, a man in brown hair and mustache, black glasses, white shirt, green sweater vest, red bow tie, brown pants and black shoes, and a woman in black hair, white shirt, yellow skirt and white ballet flats comes to her room.  

  "Summer? Are you there?" said the woman, named Christie.

"I am OK, mom, I'm watching a movie." said Summer.

"I know you are watching a movie, but, your mom and I need to talk with you." said the man, named Meriwether. "Daughter, I never saw you in the beach."

"And I never saw you, dad." said Summer.