Chapter Four: Why can't you be normal?

( Btw Mallory looks like the girl in the after pic on the book cover photo)
Mallory's P.O.V
Before he even answers I noticed my senses are off-the-wall like I'm some sort of spider.
"Well when a radioactive creature bit you and gave you superhuman strength, reflexes, and balance. You may have other abilities we have not been able to find yet." Tony blurted.
"Can I do good with my powers?" I ask being curious as always.
"Yes you may and we already made your suit." Tony says. He pulls out a super sexy and sleek skintight Latex suit. My eyes widened thinking I'm gonna look awful... there goes my self esteem.
"Thanks" I reply. He gets out of the room so I can change and I begin to put on the suit. I'm even more shocked when I looked in the mirror and I feel sexy. No one will ever know this is me especially with my mask. My mind gets lost in my thoughts but then all of a sudden this comes out of my mouth "PETER where is PETER."
"Oh the guy in the car he's probably just somewhere at his house." Tony mumbles.
I rush pushing through the glass door and keep running. With my superhuman powers I have a better speed, but all of a sudden I forget I'm still wearing my suit. 
"Shit I whispered. I have no other clothes so I have no other choice. Then I rush into a boutique because I don't see any other stores in walking distance. Abnormal amounts of perfume seep in to my nose. Jeez it smells like an old lady in here. I walk out with a white dress on and a oranges patterned scarf wrapped around my head and some big sunglasses at least Peter won't recognize my facial changes. The dress was pretty baggy so he can't see my how do I say it "new body".  My legs practically carry me to his house where I am greeted by some women. I didn't even think, but some how I know where he lives... weird.
"Hey girlie that's one heck of an outfit!" This woman greets me "Peter there's some girl here for you!" She yells across the room. Peter comes over to the door and tells me to come in to his room.
"What the hell are you wearing that's not very Mallory jones like." He laughs, but something seems off about him.
"Living large I don't know.. wait why aren't you wearing your glasses" I ask him trying to change the subject.
"Well first off where is your septum piercing and how do you know where I live?" He says.

"Fine you win. Well I had to make sure you were okay and Liz knows your address so I texted her. Also I just wanted to take it out for a bit" I lied.
"Why don't you take off that scarf it's kind of hot in here." He tells me.
"Oh I just got a text from my mom looks like I got to go" I lied again and booked it out if there.
When I arrived at my house instantly the lights turned on. I was greeted by my screaming mother.
"Where the hell have you been" my mom yelled in her fluffy rob while holding a bottle of wine.
"I was hanging out with Liz" I yelled back.
"Don't give me that shit I called her mother and she said you guys haven't even been hanging out lately." She slurred clearly drunk.
"You're a fucking lying slut... you embarrassed me in front of my friends why can't you be normal." She raged on and on. As I tryed to go up stairs she pulled my wrist and pushed me on the floor.
"Where do you think you're going" she screams while smacking my face. I get out of her grip and bolt to my room. Then I lock my door and sit on my bed. Tears come rushing out of my eyes like a waterfalls they won't stop. The five word phrase fills up my mind as I begin to take a pillow to muffle my screaming. Mascara drips all over my white shirt and pillow case. Why can't I be normal? My mom's right... I fucking mess up everything by being who I am. My mind races and my heart begins to break at the thought of ending all thoughts. In conclusion I decide to take a shower. I turn on my hot water, take off my clothes, and jump right in. I look at my bruised arm from my mom grabbing me and I see a little red bump that must of been from when the spider bit me. I'm a mess. After I clean my body and wash my hair I jump out of the shower a little happier then before. I rap my hair and body in two different towels. Then i put on some fuzzy pajamas and lie down in bed.
(The next day)
School. Also today's the day I find out if I fail or not. My outfit consists of a long sleeve shirt to cover up the bruises, my hair hidden in a beanie, and my face covered up by big bulky sunglasses. Paired with black ripped skinny jean. First class I have is Mr.White, so right when I get into the room he hands me my test. When I get back to my desk I flip it over. My smile widens when I see the grade A+ plastered in red marker.
"Class you know I don't give easy tests, but I am please to say that some of you got amazing grades and others not so much." He Hollered  at his class. "Mallory" he calls on me.  "Tell the class what you got for a grade" he yells over everyone.
"A+" I stutter. Everyone jaws drop especially liz.  Liz storms up to the front of the room.
"Mr. White students are not allowed to wear hats or sunglasses in the building, so I suggest telling her to take it off or I'll bring this to the principal." Liz rants. My happy face turns into a face of terror.
"Fine. Mallory just take off the sunglasses and hat." The teach instructs me. I begin to reveal my new hair in the style of how she does it in The Princess Diaries. When I remove both my glasses and hat everyone gasps at my new look.
*beep beep* The sound of the fire alarm goes off. Perfect timing, but at the same I start getting a call from a random number.
"Hello" I say into the phone in a scared tone.

AUTHORS NOTE: The picture above shows what her costume looks like, but that isn't her in the pic. Her body will look mostly the same as the person above.