Chapter 2

~ Akira Kurusu
Wednesday Afternoon ~

"Hey Akira, I was just wondering if you could help me when you got home... and you've got a friend with you." Sojiro says, sounding way too surprised about me having a friend.
"What did you need help with?" I ask.
"Oh. It wasn't anything important."
"You sure?"
"Yeah, go be with your new friend. Just one thing before you guys go and do whatever you were going to do. What's your name?" he says while he looks at Ryuji.
"Ohh... right, sorry, the name's Ryuji."
"Well, you're lucky Ryuji. Akira usually doesn't take his friends here. Actually, I think you're the first one."
"Well, thanks for your info. I think Ryuji really appreciates that, but if you excuse us we were going to study. Can we stay down here?" I ask, trying to change the subject.
"Sure, there isn't really any customers this time a day anyway." He says with a smirk on his face.

"Before we get started, do you want something to drink?" I turn to face Ryuji.
"Sure."
Ryuji really isn't the talkative type.
"I can make coffee if you want."
"Yeah. That sounds good."

I walk over to the coffee maker and start pouring in lots of water. I've never really learned how much you actually need. That looks fine I guess. I add the coffee beans and start boiling it. I don't know how long it should boil for so it's probably going to be disgusting like it usually is.

When Ryuji isn't watching Sojiro walks over to me "I hope you're trying your best with that coffee. You don't want to disappoint your little boyfriend, do you?"
"He's NOT my boyfriend." I say with an angry tone. "We're just friends."
"Oh, yeah sure." I gaze over at Ryuji. He is actually kinda cute when he sits there all alone. But I don't like him like that. No, why would I? I've always liked girls. Yeah, I'm not into guys, I'm into girls.
"You should probably turn off the coffee or it's going to taste terrible."
"Oh, yeah. I was just about to."

It smells really bad. I take out the coffee beans and pour it into cups and go over to Ryuji.
"Here you go."
Ryuji grabs the cup and starts drinking.
"It's g-great." Ryuji says with a smile on his face.
"You don't have to lie. I know it sucks." I let out a laugh.
"Yeah. It really does." He chuckles.

"I'll get milk and sugar, we're going to need that." I say with a grin.
"Maybe it's better to just stop drinking it. Ever thought of that?"
"Yes I have, but that's not as fun, right?"
"Yeah, maybe you're right."

I grab the sugar and milk and walk back over to Ryuji.

"Have you decided what you want to start with yet?"
"No, I haven't. That shit's boring."
"But Ryuji, we're here to study." I say with a serious look on my face and my hands on my waist.
"But I guess we can always just do something else. Doing it one time doesn't hurt, right." I say with a smirk.
"What do you mean?"
"I mean that we skip school work today and go upstairs were I have my gaming setup."
"Hell yeah, I like that idea."

"You can take the coffee with you if you want. I can take some sugar and milk upstairs."
"In that case, not SOME sugar and milk, we're going to need a lot of sugar and milk." He lets out a little laugh.

"I only have single player games, so we'll have to take turns on who gets to play."
"That's fine by me."
"I actually only have 2 games, it's Uncharted 4 and Firewatch." "Firewatch seems a little boring. I want some action."
"I guess that means Uncharted."
"Hell yeah man. Uncharted here we come!" Ryuji yells and throws his fist up in the air.
"Chill man, it's just a video game." I laugh a little.

We take our stuff and Ryuji runs up the stairs. I look over at Sojiro and see that he's smirking. I smile at him. When I get upstairs the TV is already on and Ryuji sits there waiting on me.
"You're so slow." he says with a little laugh.
"I'm not actually slow. You're just too fast."

I sit down on the chair next to him.
"I'm shocked to see that you haven't finished the whole game yet, since I'm so slow." We both laugh. It's actually really fun to hang out with Ryuji, he's not at all like I was expecting. He's much nicer than I thought. And he's probably the only one in our school that doesn't believe the rumors about me. I like him.
"Akira, hello. Are we going to start the game or what?"
"Ohh, yeah right. Sorry about that, I just disappear into my own little bubble sometimes."
"Oh, no it's fine. I can get like that sometimes too." I can already feel that we're going to become really good friends.

"Well, what are we waiting for, let's start playing."
"Yeah, I'm so excited." Ryuji says, really sounding excited.
"I guess that you want to start with the controller."
"Yeah, if that's fine by you."
"Yeah, of course. I just want to see how bad you are at this."
"Hey, man. I never said I was bad."
"I just have a feeling that you're going to be." I smile.

The game starts and as expected Ryuji sucks at the controls.
"What did I just say Ryuji?"
"Well, I just have to warm up a little." "Ohh, sure. That's going to make it so much better." I say sarcastically.

He dies almost immediately.
"Oh, come on man. That wasn't fair. They're like 20 people and I'm only one."
"You can do that part sneakily, then you won't die."
"But that's boring. I want to shoot everyone." Ryuji plays for a bit and seems so into it that I just let him play.

"Akira, I've got to go, don't forget to lock the door later." Sojiro yells from downstairs.
"Shit, how late is it?" I take out my phone.
"It's already 7. We haven't even eaten dinner yet."
"I should probably tell mom were I am, she always gets really worried when she doesn't know."
"Ohh, okay. Do you wanna eat here or are you going to go home? We can eat curry."
"I would love to eat here, I love curry."

We eat the curry and keep talking. When we're finally done eating it's already 8.

"I should probably go now."
"Yeah, sure. I'll see you tomorrow." I smile at him.
"Yeah, see you tomorrow." He walks out and right before I close the door he turns around again.
"Akira."
"Yeah."
"I just wanted to say thanks for helping me."
"Ohh, yeah sure. It's just fun to help." He gives me a little smile and walks away.

So, that was chapter 2. I hope you enjoyed it. I know there's not much happening right now but I promise that it's going to happen lots of things later. I just want to start of slow.

Also, thanks for reading.

Seven