Chapter 8

~ Akira Kurusu
Thursday Evening ~

There's a slight time jump because I'm lazy and can't be bothered to write about the cafe.

Just as the two boys were about to pack up their things and go home something caught their attention.

It was a boy, it looked like he was around their age.

"What's he holding?" The blonde boy asked.
"I don't know. It sort of looks like lobsters, but why would someone walk around on the beach with lobsters?" The other boy answered, followed by a chuckle.
"I have no idea." Ryuji chuckled as well.
"And why is he wearing a hoodie? On the beach."
"I don't know, Ryuji. I don't know." The two boys laughed.

~~~

The friends started heading towards the subway station.

After a while they were startled when a cat suddenly appeared in front of them, on the otherwise empty street. It was black with some white markings.

The dark haired boy crouched down and immediately noticed that the cat didn't have a collar.
"Hey buddy." He said as he gently placed his hand in front of it's nose. The cat shrugged at first but after a little while the furry creature started sniffing the boy's hand.
The dark haired boy looked up at his friend.
"He doesn't have a collar."
"Maybe the owners just forgot to give him one, we should probably just leave him here and go home."

"But what if he doesn't have an owner." He said, sounding slightly worried.
"Well what are you gonna do? Take him home with you?" The blonde boy chuckled.
"Yeah." The boy sounded serious. "That's what I thought."
"Oh god. You're serious, aren't you?"
"Of course I am."
"What if he actually has an owner?"
"We can just put up some posters around town and see if anyone recognizes him." The boy smiled slightly.
"We?" The blonde one sounded sort of mad. "I'm not going to do anything with that cat." He said as he glared at the cat.
"Why not?" The other boy was disappointed.
He didn't understand what Ryuji had against the cat. It was a cute cat who probably was homeless and needed help.
"We should help it."
"Go ahead, but I'm not gonna help you." Why was he suddenly being so defiant.
"Okay.." Akira sighed.

He turned towards the cat again. "Do you wanna go home with me, buddy?"
The creature looked up at him. "You want that, huh?" The raven haired boy chuckled and quickly glanced at Ryuji.
"Come on then."
The boy slowly started walking while still looking at the cat, it wasn't moving.
"Buddy, come on." The creature sat down.
Akira was not going to leave the cat there. He walked back to the cat and crouched down. He placed his bag on the ground beside him, it would just be in the way otherwise.
But before the boy could do anything the cat jumped inside the bag.
"Oh.. well okay then." The boy looked up at the blonde one and smiled slightly. "It's a lazy one."
"Hey!" Someone suddenly said with an angry tone. Akira looked for the source of the sound, but he didn't see anyone except him and Ryuji. "Did you hear that?"
"Yeah.. but there's no one else here." The two boys was confused.
"You can hear me?"
"There it was again."
"This is getting scary." The blonde boy looked scared.

"Idiots, it's me. Down here." The voice came from his bag. It was the cat.
"Y-you can talk.." Ryuji stuttered.
"Of course stupid."
"Hey. I'm not stupid."
The cat let out a laugh.
"How is this even possible?" The raven haired boy asked. He was so confused, this shouldn't be possible. It was a cat.
"You guys wouldn't understand. Especially you, blondie." Ryuji looked offended.
"Oh and you better stop calling me buddy."
"O-okay.. what do you want me to call you instead?"
"Morgana."

The boys looked at each other without saying anything.
"Well are we going home or what?"
"Oh yeah.."

Aye I'm finally back. I probably won't update every week since I still have school and I've started doing lots of other things that I want to focus on plus I honestly have no ideas for this story but I don't want to end it already so if anyone has any ideas PLEASE help me out, I'll love you if you do!!!

also this is really boring and trashy and shit but I didn't know what to write so just take this for now hhehee.