Chapter 7

~ Ryuji Sakamoto
Thursday Afternoon ~

We walk out of the school.
"Where are we going?"
"That's a secret." Akira smirks.
He grabs my arm and starts walking away from the school.

"Why won't you tell me where we're going?"
"I want it to be a surprise." I sigh.
"Shouldn't we be studying or something instead?"
"We have plenty of time for schoolwork later. Right now we're gonna do this." He turns around to face me. "And when did you turn into someone who cares about school?"
"Hey. I cared about school before too."
"If you say so..." Akira smiles at me before he turns around and starts walking again.

"Can you at least tell me what direction we're heading?"
"Hm.. Fine. We're heading to the subway station."
"But you can basically go anywhere you want if you're at the subway station."
"I know. It's really convenient." He looks over his shoulder and smiles at me.
"You think you're being clever now, aren't you?" I say with a snarky tone.
"Yes. I do." He starts walking backwards so he faces me.

I stare at him for a few seconds.
"You're not gonna tell me where we're going, are you?"
"Correct. You'll just have to follow me and see where we end up." I sigh.
"Fine." I walk up to him. "Just don't get me in trouble."
"I won't. Trust me." He smiles again.
"Dude. Stop with the smiling. It's creeping me out."
"Oh. Sorry." He looks away. "I'm just really happy right now." He almost whispers.
"You are?"
"W-what?" He looks at me.
"You said that you're happy right now. Is that because of... us?"
"Oh." He starts blushing. "You weren't supposed to hear that."
"Well... I did." It turns quiet for a bit. 

"You didn't answer my question."
"W-what?" He looks really embarrassed. "Oh... Yeah, kinda. I guess." He looks away again. "It's just that I've never felt this way before."
"It's cool." I smile slightly. "I've never felt like this before either."
"You haven't?" He looks at me again, this time with a surprised look on his face.
"Never before." He starts smiling again and I smile back. We just stand there for a bit, staring at each other until Akira grabs my hand.
"Now, follow me."

~~~

"And we're here." He throws up his arms in the air.
"A park?" I say, sounding really sceptical.
"Yes. A park." He smiles. "Isn't it pretty here?"
"I guess... But a park? Why a park?"
"You don't like it... Huh?" He starts looking sort of sad.
"No it's not like that. It's really pretty here." I smile slightly. "I just didn't expect a park. That's all."
"If you say so..." He looks down on the ground.
"Akira, don't worry. I like it." I keep smiling at him.
He looks up slightly.
"Huh... Really?"
"Yeah. Really."

"So what do you wanna do?"
"I don't know. I didn't plan that far ahead." He laughs lightly. "To be honest, I didn't think you'd want to hang out with me.
"Why wouldn't I?"
"I don't know." He laughs a bit again, almost sounding kind of embarrassed.

I smile at him. "Well." I pause for a moment while I look around the park. "There's a pond over there. Maybe there's something we could do there." "Yeah. I guess it's worth a look at least." We start walking to the pond and after just a few seconds I feel something against my hand. It was Akira's hand. I look at him and smile slightly before I grab his hand.

The entire way there we hold each others hand. I look at Akira a couple of times while we walk to the pond and he always has that beautiful smile.

We get to the middle of the park where the pond is located.
"So what do you wanna do now?" I look at Akira, still smiling.
"I don't know. Just talk?"
"Yeah, sure. Let's just talk. What do you wanna talk about?"
"Uhm.. Nothing in particular."

We start walking around the park, barely saying anything to each other. 

After a while it feels like someone is looking at me so I look up and see Akira.
"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have taken you to the park." He seems really flustered. "This is boring, we can't do anything and we have nothing to talk about."
"Hey, calm down." I gently grab his arm. "Is it really that bad? We have each other, that's good enough, isn't it?"
"Yeah, I guess you're right." He smiles slightly. "But this is still really boring."
"Yeah, it is." I start smiling as well. "Wanna go somewhere else?"
"Sure. But you decide this time." I laugh a bit.
"If you say so." I grab his hand. "Let's go!"

"Wait." He stops me. "Exactly where are we going?"
"We're going to the beach!"
"What? Ryuji I don't know if you've noticed but none of us have swim trunks with us."
"I know. That's why we're going to my favorite cafe."
"Except for Leblanc." He adds while smiling, I nod in agreement.
"Except for Leblanc." I smile at him. "Well that cafe is located right by the beach... so we're technically not gonna be on the beach..."
"Oh, I see." He smiles. "That sounds like a great plan."
"Really? You think so?"
"Yeah, it's better than my idea at least."
"True, true."