A Strangers Greeting

Lizzy climbed down slightly and met me on my branch. I layed down carefully and let her sleep next to me. The night grew darker and the moon outshone the stars. I look to the sky in peace and gently fall asleep.

DOOCHE!

I wake up to find the sun has arisen, but not where I had fallen asleep. Lizzy is licking my face and I am in a cosy blanket. I am also resting on a white pillow. I sit up and find a small tipi type hut around me, and a man and woman sitting near a small camping stove. "We caught you some fish. You took a nasty fall." the man said. "Is she yours?" he says petting Lizzy. "Uh, yes mr.- I got her from an animal shelter." I say. " She is very pretty. Now tell me, what is a fine young woman and her gorgeous pet cat doing out in the bush?" Asks the woman. "My mum got really mad, and kicked me out of the house. It wasn't even a big arguement and she has never done this before." I exclaim, tears coming to my eyes. She hugs me. "Well don't just sit, eat your fish before it gets cold. It will make you feel better. Your mum will come around soon, and will try to find you. It gets better, I promise." I don't know, she seemed pretty stern about it." I say. "Then try not to think about it. Now eat. We saw your close encounter with wolves, so don't die now!" she laughs.

Maybe it's better here. Maybe it does get better.