Time 💘🃏

The next day at Wayne Manor, Bruce got suited up nicely for Vicki Vale's dinner. Dick was impressed by the attire. "Don't pork Vicki if you know what I mean," giggled Dick. 

Bruce rolled his eyes. "She's just a friend," he said. "With benefits," added Dick. Bruce grew irritated of Dick. But he was his closest friend and partner in crime. Dick has been with him for a while. 

"Have fun, Bruce," said Dick. "Thanks," replied Bruce. "But not too much fun," Dick teased once more. Alfred appeared in the doorway, asking his master if he's ready. "I got the limousine all perked up and ready to go, master Wayne," said Alfred.

Bruce nodded, and followed the butler to the limo outside Wayne Manor. Dick watched as his friend drove away with Alfred. 

The limousine entered into Gotham, which was booming as ever. The buildings were lightened up, parties went on, the businesses were growing. Bruce was happy that Gotham City was in a happy mood for now, the crime wasn't rampant this time of night for an odd reasoning.

They arrived at Gotham Diner, a luxurious restaurant housed to the richest citizens and entrepreneur of the city. Bruce Wayne, of course, was allowed in because of his strong and rich wealth. "Thank you for the invitation," Bruce said to a chauffeur, as he escorted Bruce inside. Alfred drove away with the limo.

Bruce entered inside the restaurant, admired by the wealthy details and embroidered gold on the ceilings and walls. Bruce was brought to the table where Vicki Vale and her news team sat. "Hi Mr. Wayne," Vicki said as she shook his hand vigorously. Bruce sat down across from her.

"We came to talk to you about the Batman. We want to know if you have afflications with the bat," explained Vicki. Bruce sighed. "Miss Vale-" he began.

Vicki cleared her throat purposely. "Mrs. Vale-Powers," she corrected him. It was by then Bruce noticed she had a wedding ring wrapped around her finger. "Sorry, Mrs. Vale-Powers. As I was about to say, I have heard stories about the Dark Knight. How he lurks in the shadows to stalk his prey," said Bruce.

The news team took glasses of wine and drank, intrigued by Bruce's story. The waiters and waitresses kept pouring in more wine in their glasses to enhance the interest. 

"Batman and his clever sidekick, Robin have tricks up their sleeves to defeat crime in Gotham. I've only met them once before," said Bruce. He needed to lie, in order to still conceal his identity. He giggled, and took a sip of his red wine.

Vicki pursed her lips. "Well, that's something out of the great Mr. Wayne. How's Wayne Industries?" she asked. Bruce had a sudden flashback about Wayne Enterprises exploding with all those innocent people.

To correct her he said, "Wayne Enterprises. Well I'm currently leading the business quite well, all things considered. Since we don't have a Mr. Fox anymore, I took over all reins," he explained.

Vicki and her news team continued to listen in. "However, we are having a shortage crisis down at Wayne Foods. The industry isn't profiting well since last year, so there's a bit of a mix-up and confusion going on, I may have to visit the facility sooner or later," he added.

"I've noticed. Gotham is shockingly not offering much food, perhaps it could be the seasonal weather?" Vicki assumed. Bruce shook his shoulders. The waiters and waitresses returned to serve the table some grilled chicken and vegetables. 

"Is that really it?" asked one of Vicki's news reporters. The waiter nodded. "Sorry sir.." he began and scurried off. Bruce was confused, and knew his earlier comment about food was true.

As the hour went by and the guests all drank, talked about business and the bat, it was the end of the night. "Time to settle into my manor," Bruce said. Vicki and her husband, Sam Powers, decided to get going. "We will talk again another time," said Sam to Bruce. They shook hands.

Vicki took another glance at Bruce, rolled her eyes, and hugged him awkwardly. "Thanks for letting us know more about the Bat and you," she said. She winked. Bruce had forgotten that he had told her his identity years ago before.

She waved goodbye, and went into the limousine with her husband. They drove away. Bruce smiled, knowing there was still a friendship between him and Vicki. He also sighed of relief, knowing the love triangle was settled, and Vicki accepted him with Selina.

Bruce called up Alfred, as minutes later the limousine arrived. As Bruce went to open the door, Alfred had to swerve the limo to the right to let an ice cream truck pass by. The ice cream was spray-painted green and purple, with a logo that read, "Uncle Joker's Delicious Ice Cream!".

Bruce wasn't fazed by the name. "Every ice cream truck has a strange history of promoting," he said to himself. He entered inside Alfred's limo, and they drove back to Wayne Manor for the night.