Cliffhangers 🃏😂

The atmosphere in Gotham was turned maddening as soon as Joker and Harley Quinn ran through the streets. Joker laughed as he randomly shot down citizens with a shotgun, as Harley used her baseball bat to knock out some off-duty GCPD officers.

Commissioner Gordon noticed the commotion and tried to fire at them, but Joker tossed one of his most delightful gadgets: the deadly green poisonous gas. 

"Oh no! Watch out everyone!" exclaimed Gordon as he dived to the ground. The green smoke filled the air, making some citizens grin and laugh as Joker laughed. Harley laughed harder.

Batman and Catwoman drove the Batmobile through the city, as citizens cheered for them. "Get the clown!! Go Batman! Go Dark Knight!" cried out the panicked citizens. They were inspired and encouraged by Batman's presence, he was the light of the dark city. 

Suddenly, Joker's goons began firing at the Batmobile's tires, blowing one of them. Batman used the Batmobile's machine guns and began firing on the goons. "Get the Batman!" cried out one goon as Batman stopped firing the bullets. Catwoman asked to get out, as Batman agreed. 

The two both exited the motor vehicle and fought the goons hand-to-hand combat. Catwoman clawed and whipped several goons, as Batman punched them down. He tossed a sharp Batarang at a group of goons, who were pierced and bled. 

When the group of goons got larger and more of a threat to the duo, Batman and Catwoman escaped by climbing up a ladder to the rooftop of a building. From there, their pursuit for the real fugitives continued.

Batman and Catwoman jumped from rooftop to rooftop, following Joker and Harley's every move down below on the streets. Batman finally came to the realization on where they were heading. 

"Where?" asked Catwoman as she panted after jumping yet another rooftop. "They're heading north of Gotham, which one location is planted there," replied Batman. Catwoman thought for a minute.

"Arkham Asylum," she said as Batman nodded with consideration. The two ran faster. Down below, the smoke cleared the air and most citizens were either laughing or poisoned to death. Gordon found shelter with a few GCPD officers. "Wear these sir," said one officer to Gordon. He handed him a gas mask. "Gotham City is basically a contaminated war-zone!" cried out Gordon.  

Joker and Harley whistled over some goons smoking cigars and got them a taxi. "Step on it! We're going to Arkham!" Joker exclaimed at the goon. "Why sir?" he asked Joker.

"We're going to be getting some friends of mine to help! AHAHAHAH!!" laughed Joker in reply. Harley and Joker got inside the taxi, and the yellow taxi drove off. Joker dropped more cartons of poisonous gas along the streets they passed by.

Batman radioed in Alfred as they stopped again at a rooftop. "Alfred! Joker is heading towards Arkham Asylum, we need some back-up!" he exclaimed in his earpiece. No answer.

The communication signals were being disrupted by Joker's goons. Batman scoffed and told Catwoman the new plan. "Since Arkham has better connection, I say we head there!" Batman said to Catwoman. The two spotted Arkham Asylum, it was perfectly illuminated and was the best eyesore in the nighttime. 

Batman and Catwoman ran across the linking bridge between Arkham and Gotham. Joker and Harley parked the taxi near the entrance of Arkham Asylum. "Time's up, fellas!" he exclaimed and pulled out a detonator. 

Batman and Catwoman stopped dead in their tracks and confronted Joker and Harley. "One more step and this blows up!" Joker said as he grinned. Catwoman growled in fury.

"Don't do this, Joker!" yelled Batman. He stepped a few paces towards Joker. "Oh I can, and I will!" replied Joker and triggered the detonator. 

BOOM!!! The one-lane entryway bridge that linked between Arkham Asylum and Gotham City was triggered with explosives, and bursted into an enormous explosion. 

Joker and Harley ran away inside Arkham Asylum. Inside the asylum, the security guards were easily apprehended by Joker's goons. Joker laughed at one scared guard in the watchtower and killed him. 

"ATTENTION ALL PRISONERS: THE BATMAN AND THE CATWOMAN ARE NOW TRAPPED IN OUR LITTLE HOME OF ARKHAM!! REMEMBER, HE IS THE SOLE REASON WHY YOU ARE ALL JAILED!! YOU ARE NOW FREED TO ROAM AROUND AND KILL THE BATMAN, THIS IS JOKER SIGNING OUT!" Joker announced on the televised microphone. The message was heard all around Arkham.

The prisoners who were all jailed, were let out of their cells and ran around the prison. "We are free!" cried out the Riddler. The Riddler, Bane, Black Mask, Killer Croc, Firefly, Victor Zsasz, and Mr. Freeze were all freed. 

"This isn't good," said Catwoman. The two were now forced to stay in Arkham Asylum and survive the night until reinforcements from Gotham, which were miles away, came.

"Master Wayne? Are you there?" asked Alfred on Batman's utility watch. Alfred was now their only communication outside the Arkham Asylum area. "Alfred, just stay on this, we will need you soon," said Batman on his utility watch. 

Batman and Catwoman knew they had to fight for their lives, for one night, against Joker and the freed criminals. 

The assault on Arkham Asylum was about to begin.