Mourning 💘🃏

As expected, the funeral for Dick Grayson was small and shortened. Bruce and Alfred and a couple colleagues of Dick's were the only ones in attendance. 

Bruce was disgusted that Selina hadn't showed up, when she promised she would. Her reaction from yesterday's news of Dick's death was frightening and emotional. Bruce could still remember her cries on the other end of the phone as he explained what had happened. 

"Dick was a friend of mine. My sidekick, my apprentice," Bruce explained in his eulogy. Dick's casket laid near him, as he resisted to look at it. He held back some tears as he concluded his eulogy.

As Alfred went up next to talk his eulogy, Bruce felt a tap on his shoulder. It was Selina Kyle, dressed all in black, wearing a sonnet hat and dark sunglasses. Her lipstick was also black.

"I came," she whispered in his ear. He grinned just a little, but frowned. She took off her sunglasses and wiped some noticeable tears off her precious face. Bruce hugged her.

"Master Grayson will be dearly missed, my thoughts and prayers are with him and...he was such a sweet and young gentleman, always classy," declared Alfred. He stepped off the pedestal.

Selina delivered an improvised eulogy herself. "I've known Dick Grayson my entire life. He was...my step-brother. A close one, and he was always known for his wonderful jokes. I knew his family before they died, and how he was in the orphanage. My parents were the ones who picked him up. I was just starting high school, when he was brought into the Kyle family. He preferred to keep his last name Grayson as a token to remember who his past family was before they died in a car crash. I got really along with my step-brother, we used to dress up in costumes as teenagers and try to stop crime...heheh..and well now I miss him. He's gone just like that. I learned that, don't take people for granted. Because if you do, you'll miss out on all the time needed with a loved one...and I wish I was there when he died.." Selina exclaimed and stepped off. 

Bruce felt more sadder, knowing he wasn't exactly there to stop Joker from murdering Dick. he had also thought back to earlier, when he tried to let Dick stay rather than go out to save Gotham. he wished he tried harder. As Selina approached Bruce, he nearly collapsed and sobbed some more. He felt broken, just as broken as he felt when his father and mother died years ago. This loss and pain was unbearable for him, he needed a break. 

The colleagues that went to Dick's university delivered their eulogies, while Bruce re-positioned his feelings and chatted with Selina about the Joker's status. "I heard Joker's not alone anymore when I arrived back in Gotham," said Selina. Bruce was perplexed. 

"He must have more followers on his side. The clown thinks he can get away with this," Bruce spoke. Selina nodded. "Let me know if you want to hunt him down. I want to, for killing my brother," Selina angrily said. She clearly showed utter vengeance for the Joker.

"I want it too, but I need a small break at my manor. I need time to process and grieve," Bruce replied. Alfred escorted them both into the limousine, as Dick's casket was already lowered into the burial ground. 

At Wayne Manor, Bruce had Alfred deal with the ongoing calls about the financial status of Wayne Enterprises, and that Mr. Wayne was taking a "hiatus" on business. Luckily, his corporation building was never harmed in Joker's attack on the city last night. 

Bruce sat on the couch, sighing. Selina comforted him, after she put some of her belongings and suitcases away upstairs. "Let's devise a plan to defeat Joker," she said. 

Bruce tried his best to cheer up, and get down for business again as Batman. 

"I nearly retired as Batman when Dick died, Selina. I couldn't handle it. But now I must. I am sworn protector of this city and I must abide by the rules of defeating criminals. Joker has to be stopped. Let's do this," Bruce declared. Selina kissed him on the lips.

He smiled. "For Dick and for Vicki," he said. Selina didn't mind about him mentioning Vicki, so she agreed. "For them both. We shall finish what they tried to accomplish," she said. 

The two planned to take on Joker and his followers physically, with all the skills they've acquired for years. They knew it would take the combined strength and wits to stop a clown madman. 

Alfred watched as the two lovebirds got into the elevator to go down to the Batcave, for a mission to solve all problems of Gotham City. It was time for the Batman and Catwoman to team-up again.