(9)

I put my hand over my mouth to keep myself from screaming, but a small squeaking noise escaped my lips.

How could this picture exist?

My ghost hurried into the room. "Cherry, are you okay? I heard--" he stopped when he saw the photo.

My eyes welled up with tears. I tore the photo out of the album and shoved it in my ghost's arms. He fumbled with it, but managed to hold it.

The look in Gerard's eyes was one of grief, and regret.

I didn't know what to say. I was shocked. Stunned.

"How?"

Gerard kept his gaze on the photo a moment longer before gently handing it back to me. He looked as if he were about to speak, but a knocking on my door interrupted him.

"Cherry, can I come in?"

I cleared my throat and quickly wiped the tears away from my eyes. "Y-Yeah, Dad."

My dad opened the door and entered the room. He stopped when he saw me. I must've been an odd sight: sitting there on my bed with puffy, red eyes, holding a torn photo album and an old photo.

"Sweetie, what's wrong? Are you okay?" Dad sat on the edge of my bed and gave me a hug. I hesitated, then hugged him back. (A/N: Awww, touching family moment)

"I'm okay, just..."

My dad and I broke apart, and I held out the photo. "Dad, who is this?"

____________

A/N: Crap's about to go down