Chapter 9

A/N I should be doing Hw right now but..... I'm too much in a potter mood

                                                         Elisia Malfoy

We stood there awkwardly close with other students surrounding us, I felt kinds clausturphobic.

'Welcome to Hogwarts.The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory and spend free time in your house common room.

'The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rule-breaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the House Cup, a great honour. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours.

'The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarted yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting." She said quickly and feircly.

She then left us there waiting all awkwardly, George looked at me and smiled. I raised my eyebrow, Why is he smiling at me??? After 5 minutes of wating The witch arrived with a scoll in her hand.

"We're Ready for you now." She said smiling.

She faced the giant gold door and it immediatly opened. Inside was a Huge Great Hall! There was 4 long tables and at the very back was a long table facing us. Sitting there seemed to be Teachers. Then I saw the most Powerful Wizard sitting right there in the middle. Dumbledore!

We arrived at a stool in front of the Teachers table. The Witch turned around and pulled out the scroll.

"Now When I call your name! I will put the sorting hat on your head and you will be sorted into your houses." She said picking up the hat. 

" Andrews, Elizabeth!" She yelled  I looked at Lizzy and she was sweating like crazy. She approached the stool and sat down facing the other students.

The witch placed the hat on her head and it started Talking.

"Ahhhhh Elizabeth, Welcome Welcome. I can see Nerve, yes and a thirst to prove your power..... SLYTHERIN!" He yelled, she jumped off and walked over to the table.

"Baudelie, Elisia" I walked up to the stool, and sat down the witch placed the light hat on my head.

"Well Hello Elisia! I see bravery, and outstanding friendship, and.... Love. Better be Gryffindor!"  He yelled, I sighed and walked over to the Gryffindor table.

After that I zoned out until I heard Georges name called out.

"George Weasley!" She yelled I saw george sit on the stool and smiled at me.

"Gyffindor!" He yelled. I stood up and clapped, Yeah! George was in my house.

He smiled and sat right next to me. "Hello" He said.

"Hello George, Hopefully Fred is in Gryffindor with us, but Lizzy will be devastated." George Giggled as Fred approached our table.

"Hello" He whispered sadly as he saw Lizzy at the Other table.

"Awwww dont be sad Freddikins!" I said.Fred slumped over and sat next to me with his head down.

The time during dinner Fred was staring at Lizzy from across the room. she was too, I could tell when Lizzy liked someone. She sure did seem to like Fred.

After dinner we followed a Gryffindor Prefect up the marble Staircase and into a giant room with staircases that seemed to be moving. We followed up until we landed at a portrait of a lady in a beautiful pink gown.

"Password." She said in an elegant voice.

"fortitudinis" he said. The portrait Opened and inside was a room that was all red, and there was a nice warm fireplace.

"Boys your upstairs on the left, and girls the same on your right." He said then soon disappeared.

We were all left there to do nothing. George pulled me over to the couch. We sat there in awkwardness. Soon all the other kids left and into their dormitories. George then turned around and looked at me, there was a hint of fear in his face.

"What is it George?" I asked nervously.

"Uhhh nothing" He said looking the other way.

"Well I got to go to bed, we got class in the morning." I said getting up and George Groaned. We went upstairs and said goodnight and went our separate ways. I found the dorm quiet and dark. I found my bed and got dressed into my pajamas. I then soon fell fast asleep.

By the way The password for the common room means Bravery in Latin.