Revisiting the past

As Vincent walks with Mari tightly in his arms, as he carries her bridle style while she sleeps, he hears her mumbling to herself. "N-no my poor baby... why you and not me..." Is all that Vincent hears Mari mumble out, making his heart sink a little in to the pits of his stomach. 'I'm not really a bad guy... am I?' Is all he kept repeating over and over again inside his head as he kept walking, while holding her even tighter. After a couple of minutes, he walked into the employee lounge and laid her down on the couch that was in the lounge. Once he had her laying down on the couch, he sat on the edge of the couch and rubbed her right cheek while he sighed. 'I wish I could change the past. I really, really wish I could baby.' He said to himself inside his head again as he had a couple of tears pricking the sides of his eyes as he kept rubbing her cheek.

As Vincent kept rubbing her cheek with his rather strongly cold hand, this caused Mari to groan and moan in annoyance as she slept. His touch from his cold hand wasn't the only reason to cause Mari her annoyance, for the dream she was having added to it.

Mari, her husband and four year old son walked in to 'Freddy Fazbear Pizzareia' for some dinner as the time was half seven at night. While there, they all had a rather enjoyable time there. Mari's husband and her son were in the arcade section of the restaurant playing some games there, as for Mari, well she was sitting back at their booth where they had dinner as she was reading a book now in peace. As she kept reading for a couple of more minutes, her attention become somewhere else from the book as a hand had touched her shoulder, causing her to whip her head round at the person who touched her shoulder.

As she turned her head fully in the direction where the hand had come from and touched her. Once fully turned round she saw a man standing behind her, she stared intently at the person to see if she knew this person before answering properly. It took her a couple of minutes to fully concentrate on the face and remember who they were until she suddenly remembered, as it jogged in to her head all a sudden. "W-William?" She asked tilting her head to the side as she was hoping her assumption had been right, as she looked at him a smile crept on to his face as she spoke the name. "Mari? Oh my god, it's been years since we last spoke. How are you!" Mari then began to smile as her assumption about this gentleman who was called William, was right. "Y-yeah it has been quite a few years since we last spoke huh? I haven't seen you since college years." "Oh thank God, you remember me fully then. Do how's life treating you?" "Well life's going good actually really. I'm married and have a four year old child now." He immediately went quiet as he heard what she said. His heart began to brake slightly at this news, as he always had a huge crush on her through college, but was to afraid to say anything in case he would get rejected. However when they finally crossed paths again after so much time, he finally plucked up the courage enough to go and ask her, the million dollar question that's been on his mind for eight whole straight years. But after this information he had been giving, he immediately regretted hid decision to go and be brave to talk to her.

"Oh I'm so... glad for you..." He spoke in a deep and darkened tone with the hint of being hurt in it. "You okay?" "Y-Yeah... I'm perfectly fine." He said back to her rather quickly. Mari was about to say something else to him, until she felt a pair of small skinny arms wrap around her waist for protection and love, which she automatically returned to them. "Well hello there too young man." "Heh, hey mummy." Next thing anyone knew, Mari's husband walks over and then proceeded to hug both his son and wife, until he looked over at William's direction.

"Honey, who's this?" "Oh sorry dear where are my manners... this is one of my many close friends from back in college, his name is William." Mari's husband then extends his hand out to William. "Well hello. My name is Jake. Jake Fauster." William stared at his hand for a couple of seconds before choosing to actually be friendly for Mari's sake. He took Jake by the hand a shook his firmly. "William. William Afton." "Well it's a pleasure, Mr Afton." "Uh-huh." Was all William had grunted back to Jake, as Mari then began to speak up and break the awkward silence. "And this little guy right here is Thomas. Thomas Fauster or just Tom as he likes to be called." Tom looked up at William, who was looking and staring right back at him then to Tom's mother. "H-h-hello mister." "Yes. Hello there little one." Mari then picked Tom up and hugged him close to her as she looked at William. "Well it was awfully nice meeting and running in to you again William. Especially after all these years." "Yes, very. Likewise Mari." "Well we better be on our way as it is nearly this little guys bedtime. He's got his very first day of school tomorrow after all." "Alright then. Will I see you again though Mari?" He asked in a hopeful tone, hoping she would say yes. "Heh. I don't see why not, it'll be nice catching up with an old friend again." "Yeah. Very."

A couple of hours had passed since Mari had been knocked out cold by Vincent. As her senses began to kick back in to gear, she shot up as she sat up very quickly. She awoke in a cold sweat as she was breathing heavily and panting profusely as she was trying so desperately hard to catch her breathe. "You okay Mari?" She snapped her head in the direction of where the voice had come from. As she locked eyes on the figure, she instantly recognised who it was. It was no other than Michael (Mike) Schmidt. The only reason she recognised him so fast was because of his bald head that was hidden by a baggy beanie on the top of his head, his cold lifeless dark blue diamond eyes and a face that always made him look pissed off.

"Yes Mike... what are you doing here?" "Vincent told me to monitor you on your state and condition and to let him know if anything happened. However that was two and a half hours ago." "What!? T-two and a half hours?" "Yes." Mike then touched a hand to Mari's forehead and felt about it for any sign of her having a temperature. "Well... you're not hot but your also not cool. You wanting some tablets or something to take to help with the slight warm head that you have?" "No!... no I'm fine... I just can't believe I slept that long is all." There was a brief moment of silence as Mari processed what Mike had told her. "Anyway Mari, Vincent wanted to see you once you were awake, but if you need time to come to, then I do understand." "No I'm fine now, really. Just take me to Vincent the now, so I can get this over with." "Alright then."