Attack

*control over body and pain is hightened for context**also, I wrote this after watching an episode of dance academy and so that's where I got a lot of my beginning ideas from*

So, one day, after the seven and Reyna and Solangelo were hanging out, they went their separate ways. Not forever, just for a bit, but then Percy got run over by a car, on his way to propose to Annabeth. Chiron was the first to know. He Iris-Messaged Piper, because she was the only one that was free. Everyone else was working on their job or college applications. Anyways, Piper immediately ran to Jason and told him. He told all the rest of the crew, because Piper couldn't speak. Reyna and Hazel were squeezing each other and crying so hard, the goddess Misery was put to shame. Then they both thought of one person at the same time. "Annabeth," they said in unison. They found her in Percy's shower, with the water running, crying her eyes out. They dragged her out of the shower, and, once she was dry, put her into bed. A week later, they found her and Thalia on the beach, talking. They weren't crying. They had moved on. Later in the week, Annabeth and Hazel, who hadn't cried past the first night either, were learning the dance of "The Red Shoes" for Annabeth to perform for the annual camps talent showcase. She pretended to cry in Victoria's part, and that's where Hazel stopped her. "Annabeth, you have to actually cry. If not, it won't be convincing."

"I can't cry." Annabeth responded. "I haven't been able too since he..."

"You're afraid that if you do, you won't be able to stop. And that it will be real and it will mean that he's not going to come back."

Annabeth nodded and they continued practicing, this time, Annabeth knowing what she would have to do the day of the showcase.

Come the day of the "battle", Reyna danced a contemporary version of "The Red Shoes" that had no crying or heartbreak in it. And then it was Annabeth's turn. As she mounted the stage, she had a flashback to a dream she was having.

"Help me, Percy" she called out.

"No, help yourself" he responded, dancing with Reyna.

Then, once the light and airy part was over, where Victoria thought she could have everything, Percy joined her onstage.

"Help me, Percy" she repeated.

"No, Wise Girl," he responded "You don't need me. You might've needed me before, but I'm gone now. I am not here anymore, so I can't help you, but you are going to dance this peice."

Then Victoria's heartbreaking moment, the moment where she starts crying, where she realizes she can't have everything, comes, and for the first time in days, Annabeth thinks about Percy. How he smelled. How he looked. His regrets. How he tasted. And she perfectly portrays Victoria's pain. She weeps while dancing, remembering why she wanted to do this piece. Because of Victoria's grief while she is performing.

Annabeth dances with tears pouring down her face, remembering every stupid Seaweed Brain quirk her Percy had. Until the last step, the last pose, where she falls down to the floor channeling Victoria's grief as her own, does she hear Percy's voice again. "That's it, Wise Girl. Now, I'm not gonna be around. At all. It is now your job to look after Tyson and the rest of the seven. I know Nico's probably not taking it very well. I can't be the glue anymore, Annabeth. That's your job now. Be the glue."

"No, Seaweed Brain," she whispered to herself, exiting the stage. " I'm not being the glue. That is your job and only you can do it."

She changes out of her costume, a fiery glint in her eye.

"Annabeth, I know what you're about to do, and you're going to need us on your side" says Nico, with the rest of the seven behind him.

"All right then. Let's get a move on. You all know what your getting into, then?" She asks. Nods and murmurs of assent rise up.