Reborn

I was sitting next to one of my really good friends, Annabeth, on a park bench. We had both been reborn, but I was the only one who remembered, because I kept myself dry during our dip in the Lethe. She was my soulmate, and she didn't even know it. She was looking at a fountain, and she started crying. "Annabeth, why are you crying? What happened?" I asked, making her face me. "I'm sad, like I am so close to something, but I don't remember what it was. I've asked Hades for guidance, but he won't answer. I don't know what to do, Percy. Has Poseidon answered any of your prayers?"

Yup. My soulmate was the daughter of the god of death. Whoopee.

"No, but there is something going on with the gods, again. Supposedly, the Egyptian and the Asgardian gods are pieces of the Greek and Roman." I can't stand looking at her. I had her life. Her old life. My mom married someone with two daughters. These... things... were attacking me every night I stayed there. Seven years old, and I left. I didn't run into her hunting pack of companions, but I found Camp Jupiter, and asked them to direct me to Camp Half-Blood. She came later. Another Great Prophecy was issued. We fought with the Egyptians, and then the Asgardians. I looked back at her. Tears were streaming down her face. "No, no, no. Annabeth, what's wrong?" She turned to me. "I remember things," she whispered. "I know that I was not meant to be a daughter of Hades, but Athena. I fought with you in the battle of Manhattan. We had the best underwater kiss, and started dating. Then you left for 8 months, and Jason came, from the Romans. Finally, we found you, but had to go on a quest, aboard a big, flying ship. Leo named it the Argo ll. We journeyed to the Mare Nostrum, Our Sea. We made it to Rome, saved Nico di Angelo, and I went by myself, to face The Great Weaver. You found me, and killed her. Leo took the Athena Prathros out of the cavern, and we both fell into Tartarus. You were the only thing that kept me going. We finally reached the end, and escaped back to the surface world, leaving Bob and Dasmian behind. We made it to Athens, and you told me-" I interrupted her. "The rivalry ends here. I love you, Wise Girl. Then we beat the giants, and I got the Apocalyptic Nosebleed. Zeus smacked us back to Long Island, and Leo and Festus took Gaea into the sky, Piper and Jason following. Octavian launched an aunaguar of imperial gold, and killed both Leo and Gaea with it. Leo came back to life, and we were joined by both Calypso and Lester Palpatos, who was Apollo sent to earth. Then we died in a battle, both from sword wounds and exhaustion. We traveled down into the Underworld together, then to the Lethe. I concentrated on being dry, and walked in holding your hand, keeping you dry by accident. We traded lives. I ran away at seven, and you were attacked by a monster at age twelve. Yes, I remember. I didn't know that you did though." I leaned foreword, searching her face. She put her hand on my cheek, considered for a second, then leaned in and kissed me. I pulled her closer, and she hugged me tight, not letting me go. I had a random thought(hey, ADHD, ok?) and wondered if this would count as Elisym, our lives so far.

I was kissing him, but then he crumpled, a scaly thing taking his body away, slowly. I jumped and grabbed my sword, decapitated the monster, and rushed to Percy. "No, no, no. You can't do this, Percy. You can't do this!" I held his head in my hands, his pulse becoming even faster, ever threadier. His body relaxed, completely, and I started sobbing. I tried to call his soul back from the Underworld, but I knew it was in vain. Only my father could do such a thing as that. I shadow traveled to my father's palace, I to his throne room. I started sobbing, my pulse going crazy, my breathing hyperventilating. Hades entered, and I ran up to meet him, anger sharpening my tone. "Bring him back."

"Who?" Hades asked innocently.

"Who? Who? Percy! That's who! I don't care if he stole your helm in another life. I don't care what he did to Nico. Bring him back NOW!" I was screaming to Hades surprised face.

"Annie, you know I can't-"

"Don't call me that. That's what he called me. Why can't you bring him back? You didn't stop Hazel. Please, Hades. I need him." My voice cracked. Three people appeared in front of me. Percy, who I would know even as a shade, Hazel, and Nico.

"Annabeth, I can't bring him back. I told Nico this when he asked for Bianca. I told Hazel this when she asked for Sammy. Now I'm telling you. You, of all people must respect this. I-" his words floated in and out of my hearing. One thing was clear, though. My father wasn't going to bring my soulmate back. "Please," I whispered. I fell to my knees. Then curled into a fetal position, sobbing. I cursed Hades in every language.

His solders are honor bound to him. When they feel that he is being insulted, they attack. That was the case. One redcoat solder shot me in the side before Hades could get them under control. Percy shade that had been listening behind a column tried to run to me, my screams most likely running tremors to his heart, but both Hazel and Nico held him back. "No! Annabeth! Let me go, she needs help! Annabeth!" I was bleeding all over the floor, and I shadow traveled to the medics area at Camp Half-Blood. The best healer, a kid that was Nico's and Will's son, was doing the best he could. He removed the bullet, fixed the tissue, and stitched it up. There was one problem, though. "She's lost so much blood, and she doesn't want to get it back. She's simply lost the will to live."

Indeed I had. Percy was not there. I closed my eyes, ready to die, but a voice came to me. "Hold up, Annie. Not yet. You're not ready yet. You haven't married me."

I opened my eyes, and saw my Seaweed Brain standing over me, smiling. "Percy?" I asked weakly. He kissed me. By the time that Charles saw us, I was already stronger. Being around Percy did that to me. "Percy! Get away from her. She's just had surgery, she shouldn't be doing that!" He tried to push Percy away, but I held on to him, and he stayed there. I sat up, to general wonder, and continued kissing Percy. We broke away, when I was out of bed, to the greatest medical miracle ever. I was completely healed. I jumped into his arms, and he held me tightly, not letting me fall back down. "I love you," we said in unison, and left the big house to go walk around the camp. And, if we had time, we might talk about what Percy did to convince Hades to send him back to the surface world.