Reverend Yideng Part 5

Huang Rong was about to reply when suddenly they heard commotion from the direction of the house where Reverend Yideng was. Guo Jing and Huang Rong looked at each other. They strained their ears to listen closely, but it seemed like the commotion had ceased.

 They strained their ears to listen closely, but it seemed like the commotion had ceased

"I wonder how the Reverend is," Guo Jing said. Huang Rong shook her head. Guo Jing continued, "Eat something, and then you take a rest." Huang Rong shook her head again. Suddenly, "Somebody's coming!" she called out. And sure enough, they heard footsteps coming closer from the front courtyard.

"That little girl is so sly, we'll kill her first," an angry voice was heard; it was the farmer's voice.

Guo Jing and Huang Rong were startled. They also heard the woodcutter said, "Don't be rash, we need to ask them clearly first."

"What is there to ask?" the farmer said, "These two little thieves must be sent by Shifu's enemy. We kill one and let the other live. If we must ask, it's enough to ask that dumb kid." While talking, the fisherman, the woodcutter, the farmer and the scholar had arrived and stopped at the door. It looked like they were not afraid Jing and Rong two people would hear them.

Without hesitation Guo Jing launched the Proud Dragon Repents; his palm struck the wall behind them. With a loud rumbling noise a hole appeared on the earthen wall. He bent down to let Huang Rong climb on his back and swiftly jumped out the wall. While they were still airborne the farmer stretched out his hand, quick as the wind, trying to grab Guo Jing's leg.

Huang Rong's left hand swept lightly, brushing the 'yang chi' [positive pond] acupoint on the back of the farmer's palm. It was her family's 'lan hua fu xue shou' [brushing orchid acupoint sealing technique]. Although she was weakened from the injury her light and quick stroke floated with elegance, attacking the acupoint in a strange way; truly it was not a simple matter to parry.

The farmer was no stranger to sealing acupoint techniques; he saw her finger was lightning fast, he was shocked and hastily withdrew his hand to parry her attack. His acupoint was saved, but this attack had slowed his grab so that Guo Jing managed to jump out of the wall carrying Huang Rong on his back.

Guo Jing darted forward a few steps. Suddenly he called out in alarm, it turned out behind the buildings there were thorn bushes as tall as a person, dense and numerous, full of thorns covering quite a distance away; there was no way out through the bushes. He was forced to turn around and saw the fisherman, the woodcutter, the farmer and the scholar four people had arrived, blocking their way.

Guo Jing said with a clear voice, "The honorable master has given us permission to go down the mountain. You have heard it with your own ears. Why do you disobey his order and detain us here?"

 Why do you disobey his order and detain us here?"