Getting Ready

Maine
Stunned for a few seconds, smiling like silly, she stands in the middle of the suite until she remembers she has to do something first before RJ comes out of the shower, hoping he'd takes his sweet time.

With a smile lingering on her lips, she hastily picks up the phone and dials the front desk. Five minutes later, she hurries  to the door, sighing in relief.

She is busy with her phone, replying to messages and apologizing to her friends after disappearing last night as RJ steps out of the shower, with just a towel tightly wrapped around his waist. She doesn't notice him approach until his fresh musky scent wafted through her nose she had to close her eyes for a moment to calm her heartbeat down before facing him.  When she does, their faces are only a few inches apart with him bent over slightly beside her.

"Ha?" She asks, a little disoriented from the nearness of his dimple that she could almost see how deep it is.

"Sabi ko, if you're ok? have you told your friends that you're safe? I'm sure they're all worried about you."

"Ah, yes, yes. Ang dami nga nilang theories, naloka ako." She laughs nervously. "Anyway, shower muna ako, ha." She desperately needs to put some distance between them because her heart is going on overdrive she's almost hyperventilating. She has to get used to his charms or she’ll probably faint before they even check out of this hotel. What more when they get to their lunch date later?

RJ stands up straight when she does so she now has a better, high-def view of his chiseled abs and muscled chest. Her gaze follows the little droplets of water dripping down to his stomach, that she gulps as she tries her very best not to wonder where that oh-so-happy trail ends. She sweeps one last glance from his head down to his -- she bites the side of her lips to stop her thoughts from going somewhere forbidden and sharply turns toward the bathroom, almost jogging.

"Kalmahin mo, Menggay. Ligo lang kelangan mo." She mutters, her hand over her chest the moment she locks the door.

She doesn’t stay long enough to see how RJ blushed from his ears down to his chest, a pie-eating grin almost splitting his face in two.

***

RJ
It doesn’t escape him how Maine blushes every time they stand close too to each other, how she discreetly checks him out (he's not even gonna lie, he checks her out too) and it gives him hope. Maybe he struck gold when they met how they did last night. Maybe, she could be that one woman he's been looking for. The fact that she's still here with him instead of fleeing the moment she woke up feels like a good sign. He knows it's too early to tell but so far, the Universe seems to be in his favor. May it be so for a while.

The last time he had something remotely close to a relationship was in college and that didn't even pan out. Her name was Mia. They'd hang out, spend weekends together, hold hands, kiss (that one time when both of them were drunk at Tuns' birthday party over spin the bottle and Mia was dared to kiss the cutest guy in the room. She kissed RJ). Everyone thought they'd finally get together after that but for whatever reason, it didn't. She started avoiding him. He tried to pursue her until he realized there's no point when she already had a boyfriend.

He checks the time and realizes it's been thirty minutes since Maine entered the bathroom so he decides to check up on her. He is just about to knock on the bathroom door when Maine opens it that RJ's knuckles almost hit her forehead.

"Uy!" She exclaims, leaning back.

"Ay, sorry. Kala ko kung ano na nangyari sayo eh." He smiles apologetically, his eyes once again drawn to her lips.

"Sorry, nainip ka ba? Nagblower pa kasi ako ng hair. Also, I hope you don't mind. I'm borrowing this shirt again, ok lang ba?" She asks. pinching the fabric of the shirt she is currently wearing over her peach bridesmaid dress. "Buti na lang, tuyo na tong dress ko. Thanks for washing it, ha. You didn’t have to."