Chapter 2

Dress to the side >>>>

7 Things

Chapter 2

I felt a huge yawn coming on and quickly put my hand over my mouth. A yawned a second time and my eyes started watering. I mentally groaned, oh how I hate yawning.

I looked down and saw a note on my desk. When did this get here? I picked it up and looked around. No one was looking at me. I quirked an eyebrow and opened it up.

'I have an important question. I got my keys taken away from my mom and I'm in desperate need of a ride to get to the One Direction concert tonight. Take me?'

I immediately knew who this was. I scribbled down sure and threw it a couple of desks away while the teacher's back was turned. Stella has been my best friend for as long as I could remember. It all happened four years ago in Charlotte Russe..

I walked around the store with my friend Brittany at the time.

"Oh my gosh!" Brittany exclaimed, "How about this?" She held up a gaudy purple, sparkly dress.

I scrunched up my face, "You've got to be kidding me."

She rolled her eyes, "Okay. How about this one." She held up a red one sleeved dress with a brown skinny belt.

I gave her a weird look, "Who designs these clothes anyway? I haven't seen a cute one yet."

Brittany sighed, "Want to try Wet Seal?"

I shook my head, "Checked there yesterday. Along with Body Central and Express. I couldn't find anything I liked!" I threw my hands up in the air, exasperated.

It was our last middle school dance. Brittany and I were best friends at the time. We were both 14 and our birthdays were exactly a month apart. She was older.

"How about this one?" A feminine voice asked. I spun around to come face to face to a pale, green-eyed red head. I'm not talking ginger colored hair- the real deal. It was the color of cheery Kool-Aid. But for some reason, it suited her.

I looked down at her hands and she was holding a gorgeous white dress. It was a cutout-shoulder dress. It was beautiful.

"That's gorgeous." I gushed.

"Here. It looks about your size." She smiled. I gratefully took it.

"Thank you."

She smiled at me, "No problem."

I scurried off to the dressing rooms and threw it on. My eyes widened as the dress showed off all my curves in the right places.

"Come out, Sky. I want to see!" Brittany whined.

I unlocked the dressing room stall and walked out. Brittany's face lit up.

"That is so cute!"

"It really is cute." The red head girl smiled, walking up to us. I smiled at her.

"I really appreciate it."

"It's no problem, really."

I looked in the full length mirror and did a quick 360.

"What's your name?" I asked, facing the girl.

She smiled, "Stella Mahone. How about yourself?"

I grinned back, "That's a pretty name. And my name's Skyler Barnes."