Chapter 11

I didn't remember getting back home that night, but somehow I did. I slowly made my way into the kitchen and groaned when I saw Brandi sitting at the table.

"Good morning, Skyler." She smiled.

I narrowed my eyes at her and looked around. My dad nor brother was anywhere to be seen. I pulled a seat out from across from her and sat down.

"Just so you know, we're not filthy rich, so if you're marrying him for money, you can leave now, and I'll tell him

you died. Simple as that." I said, locking eyes with her.

"You listen here, little bitch, I love that man. Okay? I don't care what you say or do, but we are getting married and nothing you say can stop that." She stood up and walked away from the table.

I sat there, fuming. What was I going to tell my friends? "Oh yeah, my dad's getting married, so I'm moving continents and I'll never see any of you guys again?" Definitely not.

I watched as my brother walked in. His hair was messy and he was sporting a pair of Santa hat boxers. He walked over to the cabinet and pulled out a mug. He filled it up with water and stuck it in the microwave.

"What are you doing?" I asked, quirking an eyebrow.

"Faking sick." He responded, grabbing a thermometer, and opening the microwave. He stuck the thermometer in the water and let it sit.

"Why?" I asked, getting up from the table and grabbing a banana.

"Because I broke up with Gracie and I don't want to go to school today."

"Why?" I asked, leaning against the counter.

"She started talking about her feelings." He said, rolling his eyes. "Girls.."

This time, I rolled my eyes. "Girls tend to do that, you know? Especially girly girls. But I didn't like her anyway. She's a part of society."

"And you're not?"

"No way. I'm antisocial. Haven't you noticed?"

"I've noticed all you do is stay in your room. But I always assumed you had guys sneak into your window like Jenna and Matty."

I smiled at my little brother. "You watch Awkward?"

He immediately flushed red, "No, no." He looked down and sighed, "Yeah I do. It's a funny show."

I laughed and ruffled his hair. "You're too cute. But I'm going to get ready. And you might want to check your thermometer. I'm pretty sure if its over 120, dad's not going to believe you."

"Aw shit." He mumbled, as I walked out.

I rolled my eyes and walked upstairs. I hopped in the shower and got out quickly because of the cold water.

I threw my wet hair up into a bun . It'll dry during school. I walked into my closet and grabbed a white tee shirt and a pair of jeans. I threw that on along with my Beacon Hills Lacrosse sweatshirt. I'm such a sucker for Teen Wolf. I pulled on my black fake Uggs and grabbed my backpack. I unplugged my phone from the dock and stuck it in my pocket. I walked downstairs and into the living room.

Dad walked in with a disappointed look on his face. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"Mason's sick. Now I have to take him to the doctor."

"Don't worry about it. I'll come home during lunch and take him."

"Oh Skyler, you don't have to do that."

"It's fine." I shrugged. Mason owed me one.

"Thanks sweetie." He smiled, kissing my forehead.

"Okay. I'm going to school. Love you."

"Love you too."

I walked out into the brisk morning air. It was freezing out. Good, I absolutely love the cold weather.

I walked over to my car and unlocked it. I opened it and slid in, quickly turning the heat on high. I threw my pocketbook in the passenger seat when something caught my eye.

I reached over and picked up a little card attached to a Hershey's kiss.

how about dinner sometime? just you and me, in a real restaurant, not a coffee shop. Xx Zayn

oh, and here's a goodnight kiss

I stared in shock at the little note. Zayn wanted to go on a date with me. I thought he was dating Polly? I pulled my phone out my pocket and looked to see if I had a text message. I slapped my forehead. I don't have his number.

How are we supposed to contact each other?

I flipped the card over, and on the back was a phone number. I smiled and saved it to my contacts.

I backed into reverse and drove to school. My eyes widened and I gasped. How did Zayn put this in my car?

I unlocked my phone and opened up messages. Should I text him?

I contemplated it for a while. Is it too soon? I just met him yesterday..

I didn't know what to say anyway-

I felt my body jerk forward and a punch in the face.

I waited for the airbag to die down before my freak attack. I pushed the car door open and got out. I looked at my front bumped where I ran into a car.

I looked up to see a very fancy Mercedes. Typical rich kid.

But the person in that car was what shocked me the most.

"What are you doing?" He yelled. "Why were you driving like that? You could've killed someone!"

I stared at him in shock. I didn't know what to say except apologize.

But the person in the passenger seat of his car shocked me even more.

Hi. Sorry for the long wait. My grandpa recently passed away and it's been very tough. I don't know how frequently I will be able to update. But I'm trying. Thanks.

Alexa