CHAPTER 31

I twirled in front of the mirror, adjusting the thin strap of the navy blue g-string against my hips. It was the final lingerie set that I'd tried on, and the one that Ross had declared his favourite earlier upon seeing it. On closer inspection, I had to agree that it was mine too. Throwing the others back into the bag, I put them back in my now bulging closet, selecting a new, short black dress that was hidden among the other things I'd splashed out on with my monetary increase lately. Things had been rough for a while, so I'd made the most out of my extra income, and treated myself to some retail therapy. Technically, the lingerie had been more for work than for home, I needed some new stuff to wear at the club. But when I'd decided to swing by and surprise Ross, he'd seen the name on the bag and presumed that it was a treat for him, so I'd gone along with it. After all, I could easily pick up some new stuff tomorrow and just head straight to the club, leaving it in my locker. For now, I was going to give him exactly what he wanted, starting with dressing up for him and making him dinner.
My cooking was coming on a bit over the last few weeks, with Ross's help. He'd been more than happy to spend evenings in as much as possible when we were together, and often they were spent with him helping me cook something delicious, followed up by a cosy cuddle on the sofa, or a hot bath. Anything to just make the most out of the hours we had together around our busy schedules. Still, I wasn't a hundred per cent sure of my abilities without him, so I stuck to the simple stuff. Namely, a bolognese.
I was just finishing up with the sauce when I heard a key in the door, Ross stepping inside and tossing his bag on the floor, turning his eyes on me and smiling warmly.
"You're a sight for sore eyes," He said sweetly, crossing the kitchen in a few steps, and wrapping his arms around my waist.
"Easy, Mister, I'm cooking here," I warned him, chuckling as he steered the wooden spoon toward him and sampled the sauce himself.
"Mmmm, delicious," He commented, "Why don't you let it sit for a little while."
"Aren't you hungry?"
"Starving," He smirked suggestively.
I felt my cheeks flush as I looked into the darkening depths of his eyes, his hands travelling lower, cupping my ass and tugging me toward him.
"Oh," I breathed.
"I've been thinking about you in that little blue number all damn day."
It was my turn to smirk as I switched off the heat, moving the pot to the back burner and then reaching for the straps of my dress.
"You mean this blue number?" I smiled mischievously, slowly lowering the straps of the dress, sliding the neckline lower, hearing the low groan rumbling from low in his throat as he nodded eagerly.
"Yes... yes, I do."
As I let the dress fall lower and lower, his eyes raked over the full length of my body, widening as I slid it past my hips, allowing it to pool on the floor at my feet.
"Screw the dinner, I'm going straight for dessert," He muttered, and with a sudden lunge, he bent low, lifting me from the floor and throwing me over his shoulder, playfully swatting my bare ass cheek as he marched us through the apartment, my chest rumbling against his shoulder as I laughed, inhaling the fresh citrusy notes of his shower gel, and clutching him tightly whilst we travelled to the bedroom, where he dropped me onto the bed, and tore his shirt over his head, tossing it randomly across the room, crawling over me.
His lips were hot against my skin as he kissed a path from my hip to my neck, his hands cupping my breasts over the lacy bra.
"You're amazing," He breathed in my ear, "And so... fucking... beautiful."
A yearning sigh escaped me, eyes closing as I felt his fingers trace a line over my stomach before slipping beneath the thin lace, and dipping between my legs. They slid through the liquid heat gathering rapidly at my core, before finding their target, rubbing against my sensitive nub, drawing a pleasured moan from my lips, my back arching up from the bed as he increased his speed, my chest rising and falling with rapid pants as I clutched at his arm, grinding against him a stirring sensation building in the pit of my stomach. The room was getting hotter, reaching unbearable levels as I struggled to contain the ecstatic cries and pleas that were longing to break free, my legs trembling, knees bending as my thighs clenched on reflex at the intensity of the nearing orgasm.
Unable to stop myself, I tore free, dragging Ross's lips back to my own, fusing us together in a heated kiss and hooking my leg around his thigh, rolling us until I was straddling his lap. Ridding myself of my bra in one quick move, I tossed it aside, not wanting to be separated from him in any way. It was his turn to moan now, my lips leaving his long enough for me to slip from his lap and tug his remaining clothes off, his hungry gaze fixed on me whilst I stepped out of my panties and rejoined him on the bed. My knees had only just touched the mattress before he fought for dominance once more, dragging me forward and pinning me down, his knees nudging my thighs apart as I panted into the duvet, his fingers locked between my own, his thick, hard shaft pressing firmly against my entrance, then sliding inside me in one long thrust, nestling deep, our satisfied sighs mirroring one another before his chest fell against my back and he began to rock into me nipping at the hollow of my neck, drawing my orgasm from within me, swelling and exploding deep within me, letting out a breathy proclamation of love as I shattered around him.
As we collapsed together, sweat glistening on our skin, limbs still tangled together, I curled my head against him, my heart swelling from the pure joy and love I had for these moments.
"I'm sorry I've been a pain in the ass these last months," I muttered.
The bed creaked as Ross adjusted himself, his hand tipping my face up to look at him.
"Where's that coming from?" He asked.
I shrugged my shoulders, different levels of guilt, love, happiness and sorrow all swirling inside me. Running his thumb over my cheek, he smiled tenderly and leant in.
"I love you, Lena. Even when you are a pain in the ass," He chuckled and I couldn't help smile in return, "I wouldn't change a thing about these last months, because everything that's happened has brought us here, to where you're finally achieving your dream, and I couldn't be prouder of you," He held me close, pressing a kiss to my forehead and wrapping me in his arms, "I've only ever wanted you to be happy, and judging from the last few weeks, it seems like you really are."
I nestled closer to him, breathing in his scent and running my fingers over his smooth skin.
"It's only going to get better from here, baby," He whispered.
My eyes closed as I fought threatening tears, fully aware of the hole that still ached within me due to the one thing still missing from my otherwise perfect life. No matter the lies I told myself, or others, acting would always be a piece of who I was, and not making it in the industry was killing me inside.
By the following night, I was back to doing what I did best these days... dancing. The false smile that I'd pasted on my face on the way to work, now replaced by a genuine one as I feasted on the incredible buzz that I was gifted with as I performed.
Owning the main stage for the first half of my shift, I pulled out every trick that I'd learned, working the floor and the pole in perfect harmony. The cheers of the men as I hung upside down from the pole above them were almost deafening, and the instant that my heels landed back on the stage, they gathered closer, eagerly thrusting money toward me, tucking it under the strap of my newly bought lingerie, or slipping it inside my cleavage.
When it came time for me to switch places with the next girl, I was tired but considerably happier than when I had walked through the doors at the start of my shift. At least, I was until I bumped into Crystal in the locker room out back. We'd barely spoken over the last few weeks, things definitely becoming icy with her constant disapproving vibe whenever I turned up on one of my newer shifts. I hated being at odds with her. She'd been my first proper friend out here, and I missed her. But at the same time, I resented the way that she felt she had the right to dictate my actions. Sighing, I strolled across to the bar and grabbed a couple of shot glasses.
"Fancy a drink?" I asked hopefully, holding one up to her.
She'd never been one to turn down a shot or two over the night, and it was my best chance for an ice-breaker.
"Sure," She shrugged coolly.
I smiled as she took it and chucked it back, allowing me to fill it back up once more.
"Busy out there tonight," I said, attempting to push for some kind of conversation. "Think it's some kind of stag do."
She nodded slowly, toying with her shot and looking everywhere but at me.
"More money for us though, right," I laughed nervously.
"That all you care about these days?" She replied curtly, her tone dripping with disdain.